A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: detect flash help ...

detect flash help ...

I have this- http://www.flashkit.com/movies/Utili...dex.php?chk=no - downloaded because when I put my flash site up, I want that thing to check if the user has FLASH 6 and if he does to send him/her to my site but if he doesnt, to send him to a non-flash site where he/she can d/l flash... but i dont get how to work the thing HELP

or is there a way to do that in flash?? like publish HTML or something??

Banned

Banned
    But normally if you use the html outputed by Flash itself to embed the movie (and publish for Flash 6), then it should automatically re-direct the user to MM download site, for them to install the current player.

what HTML outputted?? tell me how to do that, I dont want to do that link you sent me.

Banned
    Under File->Publish Settings. Check the html box. Then hit the html tab and set it up. Under the Flash tab select the Flash player version you want to publish. That outputs an html in which your Flash movie is embedded.

I check flash 6 in the html thing and clicked publish... then a window came up saying
    The HTML template for this document contains a tag which requires additional formats to be selected and published. Publish will proceed without creating this file. Publish will write the corresponding filename to the destination HTML file.
    and uder the writing u click an OK button and i dont think it works...