A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Actionscripter - U$15/h

Actionscripter - U$15/h

Hi,
    I'm an experienced web developer who wants to become a master actionscripter. I'm looking for as many AS projects as I can handle, in order to get more hands on experience. I made a similar post a few months ago on Ultrashock, and since then got two projects (one with AS1 and the other with AS2), and have been studying like crazy:

- Flash Remoting (integration with PHP and J2EE backends)
    - Custom component building
    - OO techniques
    - XML-driven interfaces

I have 5 years of web development experience, I know PHP/MySQL, a little J2EE, and have loads of experience with handcoded HTML/JavaScript front ends.

I'm an American/Brazilian developer now based in Brazil (with previous experience in NYC).

...and I'm in bad need of work! I'm available full-time, immediately.

http://www.oliverbarnes.com/ (old site... from when I was learning flash basics. I'm working on a new one, and will post it here for a critique later on).

Any comments or tips on how to get this experience would be much appreciated... And I will give a 10% comission for any leads that land me a gig.

sorry for the long post.

-Oliver
    ps I'm NOT trying to bring the actionscript freelance rates down. I'm just cutting my cost in compensation for my learning curve.

i hope someone offers you some work, you sound like a very decent guy.

good luck.
    This information is subject to change without notice and
    is provided "as is" with no warranty.

thanks sherrif! I appreciate the good words.

Not to use this as shameless self-promotion, but I do try to be upfront in my work, I think that's essential for telecommuting contracts to work out. actually, it's good for any kind of work...