A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: ? for blanius...or anyone else.

? for blanius...or anyone else.

I have win xp home edition and latest version of 3dfa. My movies will not play in IE browser unless they are exported as Gifs. Just hoping for some suggestions. I am current on updates for windows and IE. I have un installed and re installed 3dfa several times w/ no change.
    I notice that the browser tries to load the file...the background color comes up, but then stops. This seems to suggest something may be up with flashplayer, or IE. The pc came with Shockwave installed...should I get rid of it? Also,under 3dfa options, it says project directory not specified. Which directory should I use? I am fairly competent on pc, but this one has me kind of stumped.I know that sometimes the latest version of certain programs will not work with others and must be un installed and an older version installed. Like Explorer,DirectX..etc. Also, xp comes with something called compatability wizard or config wizard, and I've used that to try the program in other configurations to no avail.Thanks for any input folks...Thanks Bret!.....Jr.
    Last edited by monkeyshock; 01-31-2004 at 09:12 AM.
    Gimme that hammer....I can fix it!

Very odd indeed, there is no reason that your exported swf files should not play for you in IE as long as you have the flash player installed... Go to Macromedia and check that your player is up to date

http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer

If your system is a new install note that flashplayer does not come with IE you must install the plugin.

strange...

Thanks for the help blanius. I downloaded and installed the player and still nothing. Just for grins, I uninstalled 3dfa, downloaded Opera browser, and reinstalled 3dfa...it works...strange. Must be some sort of operator error as we know computers don't make mistakes- I'll leave things be for the time being...Thanks again!
    Gimme that hammer....I can fix it!