A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Calendar

Calendar

Does anybody have a flash calendar? (With source code):
    I need to add in a calendar to my website for stuff like upcoming events. I'd like to have an actual picture or drawing of a calendar and when the website viewer clicks on a certain day, the info about the date and event pops up.

Ok, ok. I know HOW to do this, but I would like to make it so I can edit on the fly. Like this:

I can edit it and fill in the information for the event and save it through a PHP file to a txt file.

Weird thing is, I know how to do both of these, but my question is, does anybody have a way of doing it efficiently. Or does anybody have a calendar on hand that I could use?

Dan

Boy if you get one let me know! That would be nice. One of the disadvanges of using 3dfa over say Flash MX is the lack of components like calendars and stuff.

If you are clever enough there is no reason you couldn't make a calendar function in 3dfa via scripting. You might look on the flash sites for some basic code.

started one

Well, I've started one and it's working ok. But that's only in the viewer. For some reason in the export, you can't move, show, hide or have any sort of effect with an Edit Box! even if it's in a layer! And what's up with the variables not being able to send variables into layers/child movies????? are these BUGS?! or just features that can't be exported to Flash MX?

Dan

You can hide etc, don't try to animate them though. There is an issue with editboxes on layers, I can't remeber the fix off hand though. Think you have to specify the editbox with LINK function or something like that. Someone posted a fix for that a while back.

got it

YEAH I GOT IT! Atleast, a "beta" copy of it. It works perfectly, but... it's not very efficent and it can only show one month. I'll work on it more and will try to get right tonite!

Dan