A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Flash window options

Flash window options

I have just completed a flash module which was designed to run off a CD. My client has informed me, that they are using Autoplay Menu Studio to present it. They are requesting that when the flash module opens, there be no File, View, Control,and Help menus visible. They want only the "Macromedia Flash Player 6,7" Title bar availible. Is this possible to integrate with actionscript at the beginning of the movie? I was thinking it would have to go within the Autoplay side, but can find nothing to alter this...Anyone have any ideas?

Q

You need to have an AS layer, on the first keyfram (frame #1) insert this code:

Stage.showMenu = false;

That's it. BTW, it's recommended to use .EXE files with ApMS and not .SWF You'll have to make a projector out of the SWF, which, as I recall, will be impossible to do without the File, View etc commands.

Sometimes the most simple things are the most effective...

well then

Is there any way to get the Title bar with the close button to disappear>? If not, can I control the text were it says Macromedia Flash.....?

Thanks so much for your help...

Q

Create a regular button with this AS attached to it:

on (release) {
    Stage.showMenu = false;
    }

I don't think there's a way to change the "Macromedia Flash..." text in the title bar.

Sometimes the most simple things are the most effective...