A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: makeing Flash GAMES for mobile phones?

makeing Flash GAMES for mobile phones?

Hi,
    After seeing flyers with suggestions to buy games for mobile phones sticked everywhere and people buying & playing this games, thought that it might be a good idea to try develop some.

Screen from someone's game:

Question - can a flash-based game be somehow converted into the needed format to be playable on a mobile phone?

Thanx!

Senior Moderator ®
    FK´s Banning Machine ™

../Flash for Mobile Devices

moved

?

one of these games screen shots is clearly labled © cocoa soft. You shouldnt be posting these unless you have permission or are the copyright holder, also I dont see the purpose of posting these, why not just ask a question.

You need to create the game as a SWF appropriate for your target device audience, assuming there is a flash player available.

one of these games screen shots...
    to give an idea of what is a mobile phone game. Maybe not everybody knows them !

You need to create the game as a SWF appropriate for your target device audience, assuming there is a flash player available.
    Just installed Flash MX 2004 Pro. it even has some templates for mobile phones . While i'm not sure what's with the player, are they already in phones? Or should be also somehow installed?

Thanx!

What's strange is that when I place some elements from the game into this template ( kuzmich and background in this case ), it give some errors on publishing.

**Error** Symbol=muzhik, layer=Layer 1, frame=1:Line 1: You must export your movie as Flash 5 to use this action.
    onClipEvent (enterFrame) {

**Error** Symbol=muzhik, layer=Layer 1, frame=1:Line 2: You must export your movie as Flash 5 to use this action.
    if (Key.isDown(Key.SPACE)) {

**Error** Symbol=muzhik, layer=Layer 1, frame=1:Line 3: You must export your movie as Flash 5 to use this action.
    _parent.play();

**Error** Symbol=muzhik, layer=Layer 1, frame=1:Line 5: You must export your movie as Flash 5 to use this action.
    _root.zamax.start();

**Error** Symbol=muzhik, layer=Layer 1, frame=1:Line 8: You must export your movie as Flash 5 to use this action.
    _parent.stop();

**Error** Symbol=muzhik, layer=Layer 1, frame=5:Line 1: You must export your movie as Flash 5 to use this action.
    onClipEvent (enterFrame) { ...
    and so on...

How do I "export my movie as Flash 5 to use this action" ?

Thanx!

Flash is available for these families of mobile devices:
    • PocketPCs (Flash 6)
    • Some Sony Clie Palm devices (Flash 5)
    • Some Symbian devices - Motorolla A920 Nokia Communicator series (Flash 5)
    • imode phones 505i,900i (FlashLite player - much like Flash 4)

for more details on device support:
    http://www.macromedia.com/devnet/devices/

Choose the export version from the publish settings window.

supposedly the series 60 3650 and 7650 phones will use FlashLite (a derivative of the Flash 4 player).

However, Macromedia has not yet finalized the details for distributing the Flash platform for these phones, so these phones do not yet support flash, eventhough there is a template for them in mx pro.

If you are aiming at 3650/7650 and imode market then you need to learn how to remake your game to be compatible with Flash 4 ActionScript. Get the FlashLite CDK from the link I previously posted to learn more.

However, Macromedia has not yet finalized the details for distributing the Flash platform for these phones, so these phones do not yet support flash, eventhough there is a template for them in mx pro.
    So you mean that one can NOT yet play Flash games on Nokia 3650/7650 phones? Nor can they install FlashLite on them?

Hmm... maybe there is some converter progy to convert SWFs into Java or whatever works with most phones ?

Thanx!

Flash games for mobile - Mobiclip is the solution !

Mobiclip is technology to encode and play swf Flash file for mobile
    up to 30 fps. We've already done Flash games at 25 fps !

Mobitween is the exclusive distributor of Mobiclip based contents
    throughout Europe. We target operators and media distributors.

Contact us for further details about the technology and the
    business models.

Mobitween France
    flashdev@mobitween.com
    www.mobitween.com