A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Israeli 'wall'

a quick scroll down the last page, I see alot of quotes, TallGuyLittleCar posting (must be something political!) VR (must be something serious) and Nordberg (must be something vaguely interesting) and I have decided that I offically don't like this thread, your all wrong, I think that the current political and fundamental reasons behind the main actions at hand are all a scapegoat for the obvious turmoil in the aforementioned country.

//No idea what the post is about whatsoever, but am I right?

of course you are right - we are all right!

i'm actually really clueless about this, that's why i am posting on a platform of 'i don't care'...because i really don't.
    i skip these news stories all the time, but to some its a really big deal.

Ah, these boys is all swelled up. So this was earlier...getting set to trade. Then, woooaaah differences.
    Blog ¤ Photos ¤ Book

Originally posted by tonytryout
    and most of all building a wall.

BTW, have a look at "Palestine is still an issue" and "Tried by Fire".

off-topic:
    The footage you saw 9/11 of guys "cheering" was very unaccurate. Why some of the media showed the footage beats me.
    [/B]
    the british did in fact build a thirty foot high wall, known as "the peace line" between the two communities in West Belfast, and it is still there today. some of the gates in this wall are open during the daylight hours though.

do you have links to the two topics Palestine is still an issue" and "Tried by Fire so i can go and have a look at them?

http://cain.ulst.ac.uk/images/photos...peaceline9.htm

http://www.tibet.ca/wtnarchive/2000/10/20-2_4.html

off topic: the footage was outragously inaccurate, as pointed out by myself and others, being in some cases years old, and i don't know how to articulate the answer as to why it was shown without sounding anti american

peace and love

starchie
    "Why is the alphabet in that order? Is it because of that song?" - steven wright

increase the possibility of curing cancer with your computer

I Mastered Dead Technology TallGuyLittleCar's Avatar
    Originally posted by tonytryout
    [B]

Several countries not just US do give "aid" to Israel but as you rightly poined out US do give a far much larger "aid".
    The u.s. also gives aid to palestinian refugees, the money just doesn't seem to reach the people. Isreal itself gives a large amount of money to the refugees as well. agian it doesn't seem to reach the people. In the past Isreal has contructed settlements (high-rises) and neighborhoods for the refugess, the palestinian authority refused to allow refugees to occupy them.

Isreal is clearly an arm of the u.s. in terms of military and technological research. That union of two nations may be the closest currently in existence.
    off-topic:
    The footage you saw 9/11 of guys "cheering" was very unaccurate. Why some of the media showed the footage beats me.
    unaccurate? what exactly are you saying, that some areas were not celebrating? Next thing you'll tell me is that it was only a handfull of iraqi's celebrating when the u.s. tank pulled down teh saddam statue in baghdad
    Last edited by TallGuyLittleCar; 02-24-2004 at 12:15 PM.
    ONLY RON PAUL AND ALUMINUM FOIL CAN SAVE YOU NOW!
    annoy your politician fairtax.org, a political forum

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabris, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

Originally posted by nordberg
    ....so have fun out there...and be sure to watch for stray bullets.

i will try to keep my head down

although i think i'm in more danger from gerbick at the moment

peace and love

starchie
    "Why is the alphabet in that order? Is it because of that song?" - steven wright

I cant believe this bull**** keeps propagating itself, It pisses me off how intelligent people can fall for blanket statements!! Starchie, nothing against you personally, but you are so ****ing wrong about the videos it isnt even funny. The videos of the palestinians cheering on Sept 11 are original, they were not filmed 10 years ago as was alleged by hacks all around the internet. It was filmed that same day. It was not setup - there are numerous films that day from various freelance sources. All film is tracked as such because of ISO regulations in large companies. Look for the video it is there, for a cost Im sure, dated, as are many others. Get your facts right before claiming that we shovel propaganda, the only propaganda ive seen here is coming from you.

The real 'conspiracy' is the burying of the videos for PC sake.

sorry, but this crap angers me.

Again, no offense and peace and love....

=============================
    Reuters, the international news agency whose camera crew shot the footage, issued the following statement:

Reuters rejects as utterly baseless an allegation being circulated by e-mail and the Internet claiming that it circulated 10-year-old videotape to illustrate Palestinians celebrating in the wake of the September 11 tragedies in the United States.
    Reuters welcomes a statement by the Universidad Estatal de Campinas-Brasil (UNICAMP), one of whose students was the author of the original e-mail, setting the record straight.

The videotape in question was shot in East Jerusalem by a Reuters camera crew on September 11 in the immediate aftermath of the attacks on the United States. The footage was broadcast by CNN and other subscribers to the Reuters video news service.

statement:

There is absolutely no truth to the information that is now distributed on the Internet that CNN used 10-year-old video when showing the celebrating of some Palestinians in East Jerusalem after the terror attacks in the U.S. The video was shot that day by a Reuters camera crew. CNN is a client of Reuters and like other clients, received the video and broadcast it. Reuters officials have publicly made the facts clear as well.
    The allegation is false. The source of the allegation has withdrawn it and apologized. It was started by a Brazilian student who now says he immediately posted a correction once he knew the information was not true. This is the statement by his university — UNICAMP — Universidad Estatal de Campinas-Brasil.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OFFICIAL STATEMENT by Universidad de Campinas-Brasil
    17/09/01

UNICAMP (Universidad Estatal de Campinas-Brasil) would like to announce that it has no knowledge of a videotape from 1991, whose images supposedly aired on CNN showing Palestinians celebrating the terrorist attacks in the U.S. The tape was supposedly from 1991, and there were rumors that the images were passed off as current.

This information was later denied, as soon as it proved false, by Márcio A. V. Carvalho, a student at UNICAMP. He approached the administration today, 17.09.2001, to clarify the following:

the information he got, verbally, was that a professor from another institution (not from UNICAMP) had the tape;

he sent the information to a discussion group e-mail list;

many people from this list were interested in the subject and requested more details;

he again contacted the person who first gave him the information and the person denied having the tape;

the student immediately sent out a note clarifying what happened to the people from his e-mail list.
    The original message, however, was distributed all over the world, often with many distortions, including a falsified by-line article from the student. He affirms that a hacker attacked his domain. Several E-mails have been sent on his behalf and those dating from 15.09.2001 should be ignored.

Among the distortions is the fact that UNICAMP would be analyzing the tape, which is absolutely false. The administration considers this alert definitive and will be careful to avoid new rumors.

==============================
    Last edited by webcorps; 02-24-2004 at 04:33 PM.

Originally posted by starchie
    the british did in fact build a thirty foot high wall, known as "the peace line" between the two communities in West Belfast, and it is still there today. some of the gates in this wall are open during the daylight hours though.

do you have links to the two topics Palestine is still an issue" and "Tried by Fire so i can go and have a look at them?

starchie
    "Palestine is still an issue" is a documentary film by John Pilger about 25 years ago but never aired till last year which caused uproar by pro-Israel lobbies.
    It was so thought-provoking and can only recommend you watch it to get see both sides. Here is an intro and a gist of what usually happens.

I think there is a DVD or video available somewhere?

As for "Tried by Fire: The Searing True Story of Two Men at the Heart of the Struggle Between the Arabs and the Jews " -- a breath-taking book! Here is the link.

Happy reading.

i stand corrected webcorps

the brazillian story is all over the search engines

and no offence taken

tonytryout

thanks for the links

peace and love

starchie