A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: flash to mpeg2

flash to mpeg2

Hi,

I am creating a flash animation for broadcasting on a local channel. Those guys required following:

1. DVD (MPEG 2 format)
    2. Converted to Beta format

Can anbody guide me as to what shall I use to convert my swf files to match the above requirements?

Regards,

Parag Shah
    Keep on flashing guys

http://www.pizzinini.net/

that's the best i found swf2avi, haven't really use it, but it looks like it would work.

Although the output is going to be avi, but at least from avi to mpg should be easier to convert.
    my blog: blog.innocuo
    Sponsored by your mom.

Hi argonauta,

Thanx for the reply. But my worry is as mpeg 2 will have its own compression on and above the compression avi does. Wouldn't that destroy the quality of the final movie?

Regards,

Parag Shah
    Keep on flashing guys

You can export video files from Flash (AVI on Windows, MOV on Mac), and should be able to do full-frames uncompressed if your computer can handle it.

You will probably want to re-synch the video with a high-quality audio track rather than exporting the audio from Flash, but there's no reason you can not export both together to save some time - just make sure you modify the audio export settings.

Another option would be to export full frames and re-stitch them in a video editing program. But that is basically what uncompressed frames are anyhow.

I'd recommend using a program like discreet Cleaner to export an Mpeg2 video file for DVD. There are quite a few options for burning DVDs on the Mac, including the free iDVD, Toast, and using the MPEG2 codec that comes with DVD Studio Pro.

Not sure what the landscape is like on the PC side, but the MPEG2 codec requires a license, so you're not likely to find too many free resources for encoding a proper broadcast-quality DVD (though you may not need it).

Dear CNO,

Thanx for the reply. Yeah, uncompressed is definately one choice, but as u said only if my comp can handle it. I found out a fairly good solution, though I have to check the final resolution on a TV yet. I have output the flash file as a mov and imported that into premiere and there on converted to mpeg 2 standard which gives a fairly good result, atleast on my comp. Lets see what comes up when viewed up on a TV.

Regards,

Parag Shah
    Keep on flashing guys

I recommend to export the fla as seq .png as the file size is really small and it dosen't ruin the quality of you images.
    also I use to oversize the output from flash and then squale it down to the 720x576 pal format, to force some subpixel rendering. If you have any camera movment I suggest you do the as postproduction on the oversized images.

I really look forward to a camera interface and a real render eksport for flash!

have a look at some post production tools
    such as adobe after effect, digital fusion, shake or combustion.
    Last edited by Hans Jacob; 03-02-2004 at 08:08 AM.

Dear Hans Jacob,

Thanx for the reply. What I did was getting an output as .mov from flash, which is quite satisfactory (and it also preservs movie clips) and then convert it to mpeg 2 through premiere. This gave me quite good results. I definately will give a go to your suggestion for my next experiment.

Regards,

Parag Shah
    Keep on flashing guys

1 convert flash to avi

Magic Swf2Avi is a professional tool that can convert flash to avi video with lossless audio.

2 convert avi to mpeg2 with TMPGEnc