A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: swf studio vs mdm flash studio

swf studio vs mdm flash studio

sorry if this is repeated but is there a comparison of these two pieces of software anyway. i currently use swf studio and am extremely pleased, but i read mdm flash studio allows compatibility with pc and mac for the final product.

is this true and are there other differences?

thank you

one more thing that will be HUGE for me if true is MDM claims they have solved the OCX/admin problem. this problem has kept me from using the 3rd-party tools that wrap the Flash OCX because your end-users who do not have admin rights cannot use projectors you create with these tools.

because much of my company's standalone Flash work is for marketing, we cannot expect end-users to take any extra steps at all to view our projectors. they must be able to insert the CD and see it immediately. if they have to get admin help to install our projector or to install the Flash player we are sunk.

one more thing I meant to mention is that my company owns SWF Studio and the upgrade to V2.

the folks at Northcode deliver exceptional support through their forums. and, Tim, one of the key guys over there, has helped me immensely here in this forum as I have worked through various Flash/VB/Win API issues. they really go above and beyond the call of duty in helping their customers as well as the community at large.

something to think about when choosing a vendor!

I'd advise anyone considering these tools to browse through this forum to get a feel for which vendors are willing to help and which are mainly just here to promote their product. I think that says a lot about the vendor too!
    Last edited by XcVbSdRw; 03-05-2004 at 02:08 PM.

We have had nothing but praise about our support and commitment to our customers - check out the feedback and testimonials at http://www.multidmedia.com/testimonials

Our "claims" about the OCX are 100% true. Flash Studio PRO v2 is the only OCX based SWF2EXE Application which compiles 100% standalone Projectors.

A Mac export option is in the works and will be available soon.

We just attended the Flash Forward 2004 event in San Francisco and the response we got was awesome. Infact, have a look at what Derek Franklin (Author of Flash MX Creative Web Animation) had to say about FSPv2: http://www.multidmedia.com/news/news.php?id=30

We have a HUGE community at http://www.mdmforum.com with users that are very open to help and support other developers (in addition to our official support!)

To sum up, Flash Studio PRO v2 has evolved so much, it's no longer just a SWF2EXE tool, it's real Rapid Application Development Power for Flash. Multi Forms, over 600 FSCommands and DLL Connectivity are just some of the new features available.

I hope this helps!

thanks for the feedback!

if anyone else has more it would be greatly appreciated.

thanks again.