A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Site Check... Crap or Snap?

Site Check... Crap or Snap?

HeyDom

Be brutally honest... I can take it.
    It just a website I made for the family, with much help from Flash Kit.

Thanks in advance,
    Dom

perfectly perplexed
    hi dominickm. Your site is simple, the message is shown well, and you make good use of flash by not overwhelming the presentation. All in all, a nicely done site.

Hey Dom
    Nice job. I didnt' look at everything... there's alot there... definately alot of time spent putting it together.

Great use of flash enough to be interesting not too flashy. I watched the video and it was great. I don't even know you or your mother, but found it to be very touching. (Nice nudey dance! was that YOU?)

Excellent work, I am sure that your family (those who have seen it) are very proud of your work and effort.
    Roxanne
    King's Court Productions
    Swish2 2003.05.20

what a cool site! I had a great time looking through all the pages. I loved the rolling baby heads, but then you used that rolling in and out of frame techneque a BIT too much.

Also the main page is beautiful. It looks just like water flowing the moonlight. what a great job!

and I"m sure your mother would be VERY proud of you.

I definitely recognize the time and effort u put in to this.... but honestly it looks simple .... the all black background and the fonts are some of the things i dont like.... The navigation bar reminds me of early days HTML....

Take a look at the Cool Sites section in Flashkit and get inspired.

MY OTHER HAIR doo IS AN AFRO

Simple is what I was aiming for so thank you. I like the color black because of my use for black and white photographs which tends to make the B&W photo have more class and stand out. The font yes could be different, but its all a matter of taste.

I will look at the "cool sites"...thanks for your input.

I'm no expert, in fact, I know nothing at all about flash and stuff, but I thought the site was beautiful. Very well done. It was simple, and it was more touching than just a plain site with some pictures thrown on it. Good job!

oh! I forgot to say... by looking through all those pictures, I can tell a lot about your family. Not many family sites can do that like you did. And Vincent was was a total stud when he was young! (And there are so many Doms in your family, I don't know which one is you! *lol*
    Last edited by ExGirlfriend; 03-07-2004 at 08:20 AM.

Nice.

Well done.

I disagree with aka_tech, only in terms of how he/she implies that 'simple' is easy and that the nav bar is reminiscent of early days html..... I lie it. It works, it's clear and it has dynamics to it.

My only negative comment is that some parts of the site were way slow to load (I site checked on 56k).
    .:- bugger -:.

free-webmaster-resource.com deamothul's Avatar
    hi there, i completely dont like it

there is no real nice flash flow, and i completely dont like the design. I honestly cant imagine anybody finding this a good site ,...but who am i to say

Also the site is very slow.

"mikeli" my server has been having problems for the past two days, but usually it runs lightning fast. Thank you for your nice words.

I won't even address the previous negative comment. That wasn't criticism with advice; it was pure hatred with the recruiting effort at the end.

Originally posted by dominickm
    "mikeli" my server has been having problems for the past two days, but usually it runs lightning fast.

I won't even address the previous negative comment. That wasn't criticism with advice; it was pure hatred with the recruiting effort at the end,.... but who am i to say
    sorry mate but that wasnt hatered, ... thats something that we dont need here at flashkit. no hate intended.

i really wrote what i thought. or should i not write what i think but lie

:

That was without a doubt the fasted reply to a post I have ever seen.

Tell me something, when you COMPLETELY don't like something and can't imagine ANYONE finding this a GOOD site, how does that not scream hate.

Look,

I am not getting into it with you. You said your peace about my site, and thanks for the "advice"
    If i took your point one percent of dislike vs. the others, I would delete the site immediately.

hehe, thats really what i thought after reading the other comments.
    but anywazyz, no war here....lets spread peace

ltrz m8 good luck with your site

I "completely dislike" myself when I get like this. "I honestly can't imagine anybody" who would.

Delete it immediately is what you thought after reading the other comments. Are you twisted or what?

Why would you think delete the site after reading positive comments?

I am sure you are going to have your last word, so have it...
    I don't know why I didn't just ignore you to begin with.
    My bad, please excuse this attention I have given you.
    I promise it shall not happen again.

Well my last words are .... take it easy fellow my god,... how old are you, man you posted to get comments didnt you.
    If you cant take that dont cry like a baby if somebody doesnt like it.

I was trying to be nice but after this last post did i see you have totally no experience at all and lets leave it at that, hot damn how sad

You're just a little button pusher arent'cha

push push push

Your initial post wasn't constructive criticism, it was HATE.
    Get over yourself and get a life.

dom,

Search the forum by author "deamothul" and look at all of his post in the site check section. You will find nothing but lashing, bashing and dislike. He is the kind of person who only says when he doesn't like something.

Misery loves company, don't get sucked in.