A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Can I launch an .exe from Flash? Possible?

designer

Can I launch an .exe from Flash? Possible?

OK.

I created a screensaver with Screentime for Flash (3rd Party). I'll call this Screensaver.exe.

The link to this screensaver is in my self executable file (which happens to be a User Agreement). I'll call this User_Agreement.exe

When the CD is put into the computer, User_Agreement.exe launches and prompt the user to either "Agree" to the terms, or "Disagree" If they disagree to the terms, they exit out of the screen. If they agree, then I want them to be able to launch SCreensaver.exe (which is an installer).

Is this possible?

Please help!!!

AFX == P. Forsberg

FS commands

Hey Annie P.
    I haven't used FS commands in a while. The script will be something similiar to this bit...

on(release){
    fscommand("exec", "pathname to the .exe");
    }

If this doesn't work, do a search for FS commands.

Hope this helps.
    Good luck,
    1M.

Denied ACCESSORIES

Re: Can I launch an .exe from Flash? Possible?

Originally posted by anniepbythesea
    OK.

I created a screensaver with Screentime for Flash (3rd Party). I'll call this Screensaver.exe.

The link to this screensaver is in my self executable file (which happens to be a User Agreement). I'll call this User_Agreement.exe

When the CD is put into the computer, User_Agreement.exe launches and prompt the user to either "Agree" to the terms, or "Disagree" If they disagree to the terms, they exit out of the screen. If they agree, then I want them to be able to launch SCreensaver.exe (which is an installer).

Is this possible?

Please help!!!
    you can not do this unless working from flash 5.
    if you are using newer versions of flash then you have to use a fscommand folder and put all the executables in this folder. Remember it has to be named fscommand otherwise it will not work.

hope that helps
    cheers
    ..,,;:'""':;,,..ASTRO