A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: flash video on CD

flash video on CD

Help HElp Help!
    Flash video on CD takes an age to load - and sometimes crashes the system. Largest clip is around 50Mbytes. The screen hangs and the user does not know if the clip is loading or has hung up. Just found out that pre loaders do not work on CDROM - any tips please!
    Chainey

I'm having the same exact problem. My video files are 1 minute and some are more. Any advice? Isn't there a way to put a "loading" screen up while it is waiting? That would work.

apparently we cant have a loading bar while running from cd. whY?

Wildform Moderator
    Hi.
    There is no way to preload .swf files from CD. They must load 100% before playing.
    Check out this tutorial:
    http://www.wildform.com/tutorials/fl...roms/index.php
    You may also want to consider using FLV files instead of .swf's. According to the reports posted on this forum they work much better from CD.
    jb
    www.wildform.com

Linking Projectors

If this is a stupid question then forgive me but is there a way to have a chain of projectors on a disk load, unload themselves when they are done and then load the next projector in line?

Here is another suggestion.

If you are using PC Projector files, then you can leave the video in it's orginal format i.e avi , mog and use our third party product called JMovie to open them. JMovie uses the Windows Media Player's engine to enable to customize the way the video file is shown on top of a Flash projector.

See

http://jmovie.***********.com

Download a FREE evaluation copy and try for yourself.

Good luck

Wildform Moderator
    Hi ChimpJones,
    To answer your question, you only need one projector. That projector can then load and unload multiple SWF files.
    jb
    www.wildform.com

Aha! I guess that's what I need to do. Do you have a link to a tutorial?
    In the interim I discovered a way to do something very similar. Using Camtasia Studio Theater I made a movie that loads and unloads swfs in a predetermined sequence from a folder on the cd. I made the disk autorun to a little thingy called "Shexec" which calls an html page in which is embedded the Camtasia thing. It then loads and unloads in sequence. I'd really like to know how to do it wit a projector though, so if there is a good tute somewhere, point me to it.
    Thanks!

Re: flash video on CD

Originally posted by chainey
    Help HElp Help!
    Flash video on CD takes an age to load - and sometimes crashes the system. Largest clip is around 50Mbytes. The screen hangs and the user does not know if the clip is loading or has hung up. Just found out that pre loaders do not work on CDROM - any tips please!
    Chainey
    The way I did it, the movie loads.. and you see a loading bar at the bottom of the "player" movie that camtasia generates. It lets you specify how much loads before it starts playing the movie too. Sorry I am not explaining this very well but this is all pretty new to me.