A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [Resolved] [Resolved] exporting as avi

exporting as avi

I started making a flash based narrative animation for my AVCE course by creating characters seperately, then adding them as movie clips over animated backgrounds. When i hand it in it would be best if it is an avi so that it can be put onto VHS, via an editing computer, for a film showcase.

The problem is that the movie clips don't run when exported as an avi. Is there anyway around this or will i have to hand in the SWF file? Any help would be much appreciated, cheers.
    Forgotten Reaper

Left-Handed Flash User mickbrit55's Avatar
    Hiya

If you go to the FlashKit home page, you will see an advert for Camtasia Studio. It captures whatever is on your screen and you can save it as an avi. Run the movie in the Flash player and it will capture that too.

Mick

the avi export feature (like the animated gif export) seems to only export animation on the main timeline so self-contained movieclips with their own timeline may not play - so the Camtasia Studio option sounds better to me!

site check spec: ADSL (UK), PC P4 3Ghz, 1024MB RAM, Res: 1440 X 900, Player: Flash 9, WinXP Home, Firefox 2
    dev spec: Flash 8 Pro, Flash MX 2004, Flash MX

You can try Magic Swf2Avi.
    Magic Swf2Avi can convert flash to avi with alpha channel, lossless audio and clip animation.