A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [LINK] Dawn of the dead game...

[LINK] Dawn of the dead game...

http://www.dawnofthedeadmovie.net/ex...e/blackout.htm

Very cool... how would you make this then?

Director... ?

Ihoss
    I saw that a few days ago too. Amazing, isnt it? i think its just a picture that moves along the _x and then is animated. not srue though.

free-webmaster-resource.com deamothul's Avatar
    hot damn

Ihoss
    i noticed

Originally posted by mbenney
    it is director
    Alright darling, long time no see

I was commenting that you could make this in flash... but not knowing how... maybe several movie clips skewed to perfection... to give a 3D feel?

MarkP, I think it could be done that way - but not that smoothly. I remember Token3 had some particularly sweet panoramic routines, but for this it would have to work along 2 axes.

hey honey
    maybe pre-render the kindof 'cube' environment. use the arrows to scroll left and right 90 degrees at a time. so you still get the same gameplay elements of defending all sides of the cube... just with a much more faux 3d environment.

Originally posted by mbenney
    hey honey
    maybe pre-render the kindof 'cube' environment. use the arrows to scroll left and right 90 degrees at a time. so you still get the same gameplay elements of defending all sides of the cube... just with a much more faux 3d environment.
    Yup... exactly what I was thinking... but maybe doing it with 8 sides rather than 4 to increase the 3D feel... Would have to work on the transitions between each section as it would look crap scrolling from point 1 anticlockwise to 7, 1 key press at a time.

Code:
     2 /---\ 8
     3 | V | 7
     4 \___/ 6

i think for that game they have made a bad choice with the point of view. it plays like crap on my PC, even with the small window but that's beside the point. the point is i spend almost ALL my time lookin at the radar and only momentarily swing around to nuke the zombie.
    i reckon this game really suits a third person, birds eye(ish), view. it would look a bit like the radar, only in 3d and i guarantee you it can be done is flash.
    Graphics Attract, Motion Engages, Gameplay Addicts
    XP Pro | P4 2.8Ghz | 2Gb | 80Gb,40Gb | 128Mb DDR ATI Radeon 9800 Pro

only way I think I can make the "perpective" in flash is to make circle masks of the same image.

damn.... I feel so bad knowing Flash cant make those shockwave 3d effect... damn, u can make games like Quake in shockwave.. ehhh director.. what ever..... I will only use flash for 2d games...

A game being 3d or 2d has no relation to the quality of the game. It's an attribute, to be refined or taken for granted.

Originally posted by Asclepeos
    A game being 3d or 2d has no relation to the quality of the game. It's an attribute, to be refined or taken for granted.
    I half agree with you. The more emmersive, the more real the experience, the more likely you are to enjoy the game, so it does make a difference 3D/2D

this is a game i'm workin on. i reckon it's the perfect aspect for it. of course you don't want the cartoony style but the mechanics are there;

mind you it's pretty big, but not bigger than those director movies and it's pretty quick.
    Graphics Attract, Motion Engages, Gameplay Addicts
    XP Pro | P4 2.8Ghz | 2Gb | 80Gb,40Gb | 128Mb DDR ATI Radeon 9800 Pro

The zombie game is crap.

Totally unintuitive and badly designed. Must have been programmed by a retard. Director is capable of much more, here you just stare at the radar, then try to aim accurately with badly designed controls ( why the hell space bar and not mouse to shoot? )

i watched a friend playing it,which was nice as i had some time looking at the graphics but when you play yourself,the graphics on the screen are totally useless as you have to concentrate on the radar all the time which is a clear failure in game design,so i totally agree with blink and clyde.
    reconstructing it in flash with some faux parallax 3d would be easy but i have no clue why one would want to copy a crappy game like that.
    its a nice graphic demo but not a good game at all.
    blink´s game is freaking fun,keep it up blink =)