A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: jagged edges help!!!

jagged edges help!!!

im having a serious issue right now about the image I created in photoshop its a basic oval that has been saved in GIF format because
    i need the bacground to be clear but the edges in the image is jagged
    and i need help on how to fix this problem is their a way i can smooth out the edges and still keep it in gif format caqn someone help me on this please veiw the attachment
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hi the more colours you have in the gif file the smoother the line will be on export, if you just use eg 4 colours the line will be really jagged but if you use 128 or 256 colours the line will be smooth edged.

note the more colours the bigger the file size

bp

how can u tell just the colors in he line i used the magic wand tool on the ine but how can i see how many colors are in the line and how can i add more colors to it please help on this matter thnx.

When you save, use Save for web.... Then in this new window you should have all the options you need on the right side. Just play with those settings until the preview image looks the way you want it and viola!

Hey Fruitloops, I have a similar question for you......

Why is it that a bmp in the library converted to a symbol on the stage looks clear in trial and on the stage but when its published it gets jagged lines??

The clarity is up all the way , is there something Im missing about bmp symbols in flash?

Any help would be great.

Thnx

Have you double-clicked the image in the Library and set the compression to 'Lossless'?
    mrush

> .. _ .: Join the FK ARENA!:..:RUSHVision vs. JWin:. _ .. <
    ..:: "Why aren't the lockout programs working?!?...Release the monkey!" ::..

Originally posted by RUSHVision
    Have you double-clicked the image in the Library and set the compression to 'Lossless'?
    No I havent !!!!!

what exactly does it do........

How about you try it and let us know if it fixes your problem.

To clarify though, there are two places to change the quality of exported bitmaps. The first is in the Publish Settings (Ctrl+Shift+F12) under the Flash tab. Here you can set the quality of all bitmaps exported with your movie. The second is by double-clicking the image in the Library. This will allow you to set the compression for specific images and will override the previously mentioned quality settings.

Try playing around with these and see if you can improve the quality of your exported image.
    Last edited by RUSHVision; 04-02-2004 at 07:35 PM.
    mrush

> .. _ .: Join the FK ARENA!:..:RUSHVision vs. JWin:. _ .. <
    ..:: "Why aren't the lockout programs working?!?...Release the monkey!" ::..

I plan on it......I was just wondering if there was a actual explanation......like, oh it smooths the lines on the border, or it adds pixels to the blank area or something

Just kidding.....I didnt see the rest of your post....jus the top