A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: early design and structure check

early design and structure check

hi folks.
    ive been workin hard on my site and FINALLY have everything linked together and working correctly. id just like you site check people to check it and give me any comments on the following.

- Design, graphics etc....

- Navigation, too complicated? should i make the menu more obvious?

- everything links to the correct things (quick nav works etc...)

- Load times, shouldnt be a problem, but any comments would be nice.

- anything else you think should be brought to my attention.

please remember that my sites still very much work in progress and everything isnt final as of yet.

heres the link

cheers
    jh
    Last edited by j_hunter182; 03-25-2004 at 03:01 PM.

Loved the sperm/mouse effect at the start of the home page lol.. its a real nice site.

A+ for effort on the sperm egg innuendo. Very neat. Over all I liked the flow very much. Transtitions were very smooth and clean. I would say some of the "windows" in the different areas were a little hard to make out too dark. dont know if it was intentional but left me staring 2 inches from the monitor to try to see the patterns. however, over all i really like the layout and the little innuendo still has me laughing very cool. Over all 8 out of 10 nice job
    "Shhhhh I have insomnia and Im trying to sleep it off."

right, so the sperm thing is hit. its not meant to be an innuendo, its meant to symbolise the creation of my experimental..... oh forget it, i did it cos it looked funny. im hoping to include something to make you smile on every page, im not finished with the info page one yet, but its taking longer than i expected.
    so far so good, keep em comin.

a lot of views and not too many replies.

could some do a mac check for me also as i dont have access to a mac at home or college.
    thanks
    jh

forgot to mention im on linux using konqueror as a main browser, no probs there.

evolve......
    sever cannot be found?!?

tried 2 hours ago too and no luck either.

you just spent all that time finishing up your "octagon" or "pentagon" shaped site, what happened to that?

i am eager to see your new project.

Feed me , **** me and shut the
    nice mate, your mouse got some errors on it the pattern overlay is kinda screwed on your mouse. the animations are greate. tweek your buttons some more when your rollover them they could be done better. other the that = K (OK)

m3ryder - that would have been when i took it all down to put it all up again, my host seems to not like it when i do that. i discontinued the hex version. it was too restricting on what i could do with the pages really, but this one is based around the same sort of idea (sort of my thing really)

Jeay - thanks for the info. what OS, browser, res. etc you using? should i make the hit area for the buttons bigger, is that what you mean?

thanks ppl
    jh

Its small, but on the intro, theres some jagginess in the corners. Dunno if thats intentional. I'm talking about the filling of the mouse.

how is it now?

It's smalla nd only there for a split second (but i know even the smallest things irk me), but when its in rewind you can see the OLD jaggies, but on the fill-in there are no jaggies.

X
    i just checked it using Mac OSX 10.2 and i really like it! only complaint are the movies seem kinda slow. it may be an OS thing as i've seen performance improvements for my own projects when viewing on a wintel machine.

really nice... and i like the subtle textures.

would you mind sharing the code you use for your quick nav buttons? i'd like to see how other people are doing it.

JK

WHEAT THlNS - when exactly are the dodgy edges appearing? i dont see any problems when i view it.

JonnyKnight - thanks for the mac check. maybe the OS, ill look into it. the quick nav buttons where a pain in the arse to be honest. caused most of the bother and delay in me getting the structure and all links finished. if you are looking into doing something yourself, i can help you.

jh

Excellent site, chap. I hope to be able to produce something as nice as that someday. Very creative and innovative, I like the interface, as well as the sperm mouse. Some of the buttons seemed a bit small, but I can deal with that. That's some professional work, keep it up.

thanks for the comments. im going to make the hit area for the buttons a bit bigger to make it easier.

FK's official coffee addict gasbag15's Avatar
    Very nice, love the navigation.

j_hunter, I don't think it's the hit areas of the button that causes the most problems, but I find that on larger resolutions the text on the buttons is hard on the eyes to read because of its size. Maybe scaling it up a bit would be better. But, maybe not, it's your site, and it looks fantastic anyways.

Feed me , **** me and shut the
    Originally posted by j_hunter182
    m3ryder - that would have been when i took it all down to put it all up again, my host seems to not like it when i do that. i discontinued the hex version. it was too restricting on what i could do with the pages really, but this one is based around the same sort of idea (sort of my thing really)

Jeay - thanks for the info. what OS, browser, res. etc you using? should i make the hit area for the buttons bigger, is that what you mean?

thanks ppl
    jh
    well I took another look and it looks cool man, would like to see some variations on how the animations come up its kinda boring that the same thing kinda repets its self. would be fun to see the finished product? do you got aim? wanna add you to my list. seya

thanks. i havent got AIM, ive got msn though if you want my e-mail
    jh