A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Flash Movie not lined up

Epic Poster

Flash Movie not lined up

Hello,
    I have always dealt with flash not lining up the movies correctly by positioning the Movies a pixel or 2 off to compensate but is there a way to get around this? Right now I have a flash movie that looks fine on my two computers at home but when I come to work the movie itself is off by about a pixel and some of the movieclips are off by a pixel making it look really sloppy. Its like this on all of the machines at work. Anyone know why this could be? I really need it to line up because it needs to look like it fits perfectly with the html.

thanks for the input!

JH

Click on the "window" tab in your flash menu bar and click on align, a small window should open and you will be able to enter the pixel co-ords there.

Window > Align

I think it is also possible to edit the co-ords in the properties bar at the bottom.

Hope that helps.

Epic Poster

thanks

Ill try that when i get home, but am just curious as to why its lined up on some computers but not another. Could it be the flash plugin? also some of the movie clips themselves are off by a pixel.

thanks

It could be that the other computers are using a different screen resolution, I know people say that should effect it but it does. I had problems when coding my websites because I have small screen res 1280x1024 so stuff that fitted my screen snuggly was miles of on peoples computers that ran the normal 640x480.

Epic Poster
    Yeah, I thought of that but my computers at home are 1024 x 768 and 1280 x 1024. Here at work they are the same, I also tried both I.E. and netscape and they are showing the same results on each computer.

http://www.forensicstudio.com/ScottHammell/home.htm here is the page in question, you will probably notice at the top the lines are off by a pixel, as well as the movie clips on the buttons are off by a pixel as well. At home they are not off but at work they are, exact same resolution and browsers.

thanks
    Last edited by flamesburn; 03-26-2004 at 01:13 PM.

Spartan Mop Warrior Loyal Rogue's Avatar
    Hi flamesburn

Sorry to revive an old thread but I'm having the same problems with lining up a several grids in html table cells and grids in flash movies next to them.
    They always seem to be a pixel or a half a pixel off.
    I looked at the page you mentioned and it looks like you fixed it.
    Did you?
    And if so, how?

Thanks for any insight.
    ::
    "Just go make web and stfu already." - jAQUAN

"Twitter is a public display of verbal diarrhea that comes out in small squirts." - Gerbick