A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Wow, I have no friggin idea where to start on this thing

Wow, I have no friggin idea where to start on this thing

Hi, Im new to flashkit and new to this board (I finially decided to graduate from newbies)

Im a ok-animator, still a begginer, but I finally was able to purchase swift after a long time of debate and I'd like to start to learn it!!

I know this site has MOUNTAINS of information on it.....but that's the problem. I have no idea where to start with this program. It seems not as difficult as Maya (Im newbie at MAya too) but its stil confusing nevertheless

can anyone point me in the right direction?

truly begin with the manual. get to know the terminology, and the layout of the tools first.

then, feel free to ask any questions here. you'll find plenty of people willing and able to answer.

now, tutorials. http://erain.com as well as http://swiftdev.com have a lot of tutorials, as well as here - search this forum for like questions.

I hope that helps, and feel free to ask any questions here.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

and get this book, Foundation Swift 3D, it even has our friend Gerb in it. Awsome book for getting started.
    --Bike Hag

thanks

thanks! I havent been able to loacte a book at any borders and for some reason it never came across me to use the internet to google it....I'll see what I can do. thanks!

Re: thanks

Originally posted by sidjtd
    I havent been able to loacte a book at any borders and for some reason it never came across me to use the internet to google it....
    Yes,get the book. If you don't see it in the shelves just order it in the store,or online as I did. You will learn Swift 3D quickly with this book.

You can try the Swift 3D Beginner free online video training at VTM Studio. There is approx 2 hours of free training.