A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: I cannot make my fonts crisp

Hybrid View

Flashkit's Cheerbud LEXGRAPHICS's Avatar

I cannot make my fonts crisp

I dont know if it's because i have a trial version of the font that i got at FFF. its called "FFF- Galaxy"

I tried reading the sticky, i aligned to the left made sure it was at a .0 coordinate for both x and y.

but when i embed the characters it makes them blurry. i tried adding a font to my library and exporting for runtime sharing in the linkage and using that and it wont embed it.

i also tried making it static text and its blurry. what can i do???? if i leave dynamic and embed it will blur them,

oh and by the way the size is 8. i tried aligning left and middle and still.

in my pc it looks fine but when i open in anohter pc it changes it to times new roman, and the one i embedded is blurry instead of crisp.

please help. thnaks

See if this helps you:

http://www.fontsforflash.com/userguide/

If not, please email your .fla to support@fontsforflash.com

Thanks.

in my pc it looks fine but when i open in anohter pc it changes it to times new roman, and the one i embedded is blurry instead of crisp.
    Sure it's embedded?
    If you use render as html
    the font becomes a device font.

Flashkit's Cheerbud LEXGRAPHICS's Avatar

thanks guys

i went to the FFF site and found that not only does the text field have to fall in a whole number, but all the mc's its nested in as well. but i got it thanks.

i got it to work perfect.

hey FFF why are the fonts so expensive man i bought 4 fonts for like 60$$$ thats crazy.

you guys should cut down the price a lil.. or give some other freebie fonts, although the freebies there are awesome.

Well, actually the fonts are a lot cheaper than most fonts out there and you also get 2 to 4 versions in most cases at FFF, while in some sites you need to buy each style separately. Purchases of 2 fonts or mroe get you great discounts as well...

Left-Handed Flash User mickbrit55's Avatar
    Hiya

Someone told me that if I cover my fonts in salt and bake them for 3 hours @ gas mark 8 they will go crispy ... ??

heh

I'm turning the oven right now and let you know if it works