A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: A few more questions that need answered ASAP

A few more questions that need answered ASAP

Well I can now do the basics in Action Scripting (YAY!) and I want to make a small cartoon called Spacelab 2022 making fun of sea lab 2020 and sea lab 2021, Yes i am weird. Well i got this problem on my .fla i want to have a intro to the movie well not so much an intro as a umm how is it said "menu" i got it done and all and got it to wear i have my 2 buttons "play" and "Scenes" sorta like a Dvd. But the problem is how do i get the menu to stop with out going on to the next scene and playing the main movie also how do i get the "Play" button to make it play the main movie if some one can make a demo and show me it dosent have to be nothing special just a small demo i would love that or explain it to me.

Ok problem 2:

Im chuck full of them!

Ok im haveing problems making chars for my movies they all look like blobs and i know i can do this cause i am very artistic and i work well with photoshop 6 and 7 and many other graphix programs is there a special way ppl make their chars in the flash program cause i am so lost on this.

Problem 3:

A new one has a rised!

When i was talking about the chars i thought of moving mouths i am a big newgrounds fan and i watch mouth movements but i am so lost on how to make them i know its something easy but i just dont understand!

No more problems as of yet thanks yall for all who take the time to read my bad humor and my long problems this is seirous well at least to me oh ya also i have Macromedia Flash MX Pro 2004 so any help would be thanked much and even if u can just help with one problem that would be great thanks in advcance!
    Working on it!

for ur first problem just add
    a
    Code:
     stop();
    and is should stop where u insert tat actionscript.

Hope it helps.
    Cheers!

Re: A few more questions that need answered ASAP

Originally posted by Dark_Clegro

Im chuck full of them!

Ok im haveing problems making chars for my movies they all look like blobs and i know i can do this cause i am very artistic and i work well with photoshop 6 and 7 and many other graphix programs is there a special way ppl make their chars in the flash program cause i am so lost on this.
    that would be great thanks in advcance!
    chars, characters u mean? unless it means something else in tht game.
    It depends how u want them to be...? ofcourse i dont think they will be 3D? but i made some toons back....and i made them in flash...i took the orginal image and kept it ina locked layer and started on it with the pencil and then adjusting the curves and all...

as for the mouths movement, in flash perhaps u can make the JAW movebale by keeping it as symbol...depends on wht sort of movement u have in your mind...

God Gives every bird it's food, but He does not throw it into it's nest

ok for my first question i know about the stop(); i need to know what i need for the buttons to move on to the next scene like what script is for that
    Working on it!

on(release){
    gotoAndPlay("scenename",framenumber);
    }

so the action script is

stop();
    on(release){
    gotoAndPlay("scene1",1);
    }
    Working on it!

Originally posted by Dark_Clegro
    so the action script is

stop();
    on(release){
    gotoAndPlay("scene1",1);
    }
    the stop() will go on teh frame and the on release thing on the button...

i think i got it im not sure ill post again if i dont
    Working on it!

ok now i need help u said it goes on the frame and it goes on the button how do i put it on the button it says this can not have an action scripting when i edit the button and then the frame if u can explain this to me a lil more im lost im trying though at least im trying most ppl would of given up
    Working on it!

u dont need to edit the button, when the button is on the stage u simply select it(the blue bounding box will appear) right click and select actions. or press F9.
    also the stop has to be put on the timeline and not the timeline of the button!

which version is it?

hey if i upload the .fla file can u demonstrate what u are talkinga bout cause im lost i have Flash mx pro 2004
    Working on it!

Hmm....upload it...

all you need to do is apply the actions. to the frame(make sure there is a keyframe there).select the frame where u want the movie to stop make sure these is a keyframe and Press F9, in the window that appears write the stop actions.
    then select the button and press F9.

well im not that smart lol and this is just a demo of it hope u can help thanks at least make the play button move on to the next scene then upload it back and let me see how u did it
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Working on it!