A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: no sound

Off during Summer

no sound

Hello,

I recently added sound to my project and it is working fine. Then I imported the slider from the library thinking that I will work on the details later.

But now my music won't play at all. I deleted the slider from my library as well as the stage and my music still won't play.

Help, please!!

Using MX...
    You know you're a Flash addict when you start looking at everything around you and say, 'I bet I could do that in Flash"....Keith Peters

Your question is to broad. You will need to provide more information in order for someone to help you.

Simply adding something to the library should have no effect on the movie. However, adding something from the library to the stage could have an effect.

1) are you sure you correctly added the sound to your movie?
    2) did you place the slider on the stage?
    3) was this slider a component, and did you check to see if it added any code to your FLA, that you did not delete after removing the slider?

Off during Summer
    Hi hp3,

1. Yes the sound was working until I added the slider.
    2. Yes I added the slider on the stage, after which I deleted it from the stage and the library.
    3. uh oh! I am in trouble. I drag it from the component. Can you tell me how to check whether it left any code. I didn't check?!!

I am sorry for not being clear. Any idea?

Thanks again!
    You know you're a Flash addict when you start looking at everything around you and say, 'I bet I could do that in Flash"....Keith Peters

my guess is that the component added some code to your movie which set the volume to 0. So the sounds are probably playing but a 0 volume so you cannot hear them.

Look around for any non graphical movie clips represented as small circles or squares and delete these. Not sure what else to recommend.

You might ask for more help in the ActionScript forum as to where you might look for modifications caused by adding a component.

Off during Summer

It works, it works!!

Well after checking all my files, deleting whatever not needed (it is so stupid of me, doing all kinds of things on the same stage and deleting it but leaving the stuff in the library!!).....

music is playing pleasantly....

I just change the damn sync from stream to event and let it loop for million time... ok that's exagerrating, just a few thousand...lol

thanks again!