A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Standalone Projector

Standalone Projector

Can anyone tell me where I can download the stand alone player?

Is it free?

N' then I might just
    Jump back on
    An' ride
    Like a cowboy
    Into the dawn
    ........To Montana.
    Hi,
    from what I can see at that link in the post above, the Standalone Player (projector) for Windows is not available there unless you already have it installed from your MM FlashMX or MX 2004 install. You can then download an updater.

what is available there is -
    1) Flash Player for browsers

2)Macromedia Flash Player 7 Update for Flash MX 2004 and Flash MX Professional 2004 (this would update the standalone player if already installed)

3)Macromedia Flash Player 7 - Standalone Players (Projectors) for Macintosh

4)Macromedia Flash Player 6 - Standalone player (Projector) for Linux

5)Macromedia Flash Player 6 for Pocket PC

david p.
    No longer a Flashkit mod, not even by stealth

Insanity is just a point of view. After all, the world looks pretty normal through your own underpants.

I'm new to Flash - but I'm going to use it to give a presentation next week. I don't know anything about the computer that I'll be presenting on, so I wanted to make sure my file will run.

Since it seems we can't download a standalone projector player for windows - is there a way to download a small installer that just updates the Internet Explorer Flash Player 7.0?

if you have Flash and create a standalone projector you should have no problem playing that projector on another computer. EXCEPT, if you create the projector on a Windows machine and then try to play on a Mac (or vice-versa).

find out ahead of time whether the computer you'll be using is Win or Mac. then create the projector using the same type system and you should be fine.

N' then I might just
    Jump back on
    An' ride
    Like a cowboy
    Into the dawn
    ........To Montana.
    Originally posted by wonita
    I'm new to Flash - but I'm going to use it to give a presentation next week. I don't know anything about the computer that I'll be presenting on, so I wanted to make sure my file will run.

Since it seems we can't download a standalone projector player for windows - is there a way to download a small installer that just updates the Internet Explorer Flash Player 7.0?
    wonita,
    I think you just have to use the download at that link, it will update your browser player.

This is the direct URL -
    http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/...ShockwaveFlash

Download the most recent version of Macromedia Flash Player.
    Macromedia Flash Player 7 Update for Flash MX 2004 and Flash MX Professional 2004
    This download includes an update to Macromedia Flash Player 7 for the Plugin installers, ActiveX control installers, Standalone players, and Test Movie players, both Debug and Release versions. The Flash Player 7 Update installer will automatically do the following:

Update the contents of your Flash MX 2004\Players folder with the new version of Flash Player 7
    Update your Flash MX 2004 test movie player
    Install the updated Flash Player 7 ActiveX Control and/or plugin, debug version only, into your browser(s)
    All players included with this update are version 7.0.r19

david p.
    No longer a Flashkit mod, not even by stealth

Insanity is just a point of view. After all, the world looks pretty normal through your own underpants.