A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: button

button

Hello
    Well i've gotts prob here..maybe couz i dont know flash very much..i've got 4 buttons..if i click anyone of them diff msgs get displayed on the bottom of my page..now what i've done is using the down part of the button..I want that once 1 button is clicked the msg should remain there until the next button is clicked..each & every button has diff msgs to b displayed..
    deeku

Left-Handed Flash User mickbrit55's Avatar
    Hiya

Hard to tell without seeing it. Can you upload the fla here? Or send it to me email?

Mick

Hi deeku,

Use a dynamic text box for the display of the msg. Assign the variable for the dynamic text box to something like myText. In each button you simply change the value of myText. If you want something to display at the start of the movie - even before the user clicks a btn - just initialize the variable in frame 1
    ( myText = "Start-up msg"; )

Info in this page should help.
    __azwaldo__

Check it out...

Here is an example .fla ('dynTextBtns' - attachment) to demonstrate the use of a variable and dynamic text to change a message that stays until the next button is pressed.

Download the .fla, open it in Flash, and then select Test Movie [ ctrl-enter ] to try it out. Then, in the .fla, click on the text box to select it. In the text options panel (Flash5) or in the properties panel (FlashMX), you'll find that "myText" has been entered as the variable for the text box.
    Last edited by azwaldo; 04-03-2004 at 02:58 AM.
    __azwaldo__