A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: preloader help

ummm thats kinda not possible i gotta add like 4 more slides of buttons there are going to be around 54 songs so i don't want you to have to do that much work, can you just do one for me and i will follow your example? cuz i don't want to be too dependant i feel like an ass if people do too much for me sooooooo
    the first song is "01 Dumpweed.swf"
    #2 is "01 Kryptonite.swf"

BTW i got the Swift MP3 thing so i can use a real equalizer so is it possible to use the loader.loadMovie function in there so my equalizer will still work or do you know if you don't have to use it cuz i think i just tried the regular loadMovie function but the equalizer didn't work whi le the music did, man i really appreciate this!!!!!!!!

Once you get those 2 files put in there for me do you think you could give me the .fla back so i could look at what you did, thanks

Joe
    So tired of all the fighting....

http://joejoe2288.kawanda.net

ok i am going to watch a movie but please work yoru majic then send it to me, i will most likely be on my comp until 12 or so and all of tomorrow so i hope you stay in touch

Ok, I have no idea how your equalizer works, but it's setup now on button 1 and 2 to load your files, and have the preloader working.

Adam
    Attached Files Attached Files

Oh sure, you can watch a movie, but I can't watch the NHL Playoffs?......man

LOL, but anyways it is still screwed up, it is supposed to stay down when you click the down arrow not shoot back up again, can you help me with that, also i didn't see any loading bar, is it invisible or is it just cuz it is not on the net, thanks
    Joe

BTW, i just noticed that you added a new loading bar, how come? i had one made that went with my player theme, i mean don't get me wrong i am very apreciative but the one you got doesn't fgo with it, and did you know if you uname that "containerMC" the slider works fine, i read in this post
    http://www.flashkit.com/board/showth...hreadid=544983
    (the one you showed me) that you could just do it in a "Blank MC" and the guy said that would work, what would be the action scripting for that? because i think that would solve my slider problem?

gosh sorry about all the posting but this is really starting to piss me off, ok, could you take a look at the loading bar i made?, i made it and tried to put all the stuff in, also, look at this attachment, it was a cheap player that came with SwiftMp3, the equalizer works but it doesn't use the loader.loadMovie fuction, BTW what time is it or are you asleep cuz it is only 11 here, damn i hate talking to myself well when you get this look at all the stuff i have typed.

dude you need to get AOL Instant Messanger so we can communicate alot quicker, here is the link

http://my.screenname.aol.com/_cqr/lo...zed&createSn=1

PLEASE i really need your help i have been working on this music player for 2 WEEKS

Originally posted by Adam14
    ok, JoeJoe...I'm back and my team won!!!...let's get this working for ya!!!
    GO LEAFS GO!

us canadians, the only people who cheer for a team that's never won... *sighs*

GO LEAFS GO!

*Joejoe: When you were posting it was around 2AM here (ontario). Adam was prolly in bed.
    Last edited by DaVulf; 04-11-2004 at 11:02 AM.

sorry didn't know what time it wasw there, shouldn't adam be long up by now?

Unless he had a fun night . It's almost noon here.

GO LEAFS GO!

us canadians, the only people who cheer for a team that's never won... *sighs*

GO LEAFS GO!
    lol, last time they won was 67, I was born in 74...never seen 'em win!!!...not yet

and yes, JoeJoe, I'm up now.....ok...let's get this figured out...

this is how it works, you have your main page, with a movie clip in it that contains your preloader, blank in the first frame of that preloader MC and then your preloader stuff in the second frame. The preloader MC has to be ...where is the loader bar you have?...is it in the main page?....you can't use the code I provided in that other linkif you want to use this preloader, the code's are in sync....do you know what I mean?.....I put that other preload bar in the file I last posted just to show you how it works.

Adam

dude you need to get AIM i need to talk to you so i can tell you all that is going wrong with it, and also did you dl the classic.fla because that works please DOWNLOAD AIM comunication will be so much easier then, anyways if you notice when you press the down arrow in preview it pops back up afterwards thats the first problem i need to fix, also there is an equalizer bar in the library i got it from this site, i will attach the file so you can see how it works, please get AOL INSTANT MESSANGER i gave you the link above!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't forget to download 3 things
    1. the classic.fla
    2. the attached file
    3. AIM

sorry if i seem bossy but this is really frustrating me and your vast knowledge could help me so much more if we could directly chat.

didn't the loader you downloaded come with a tutorial?

nope, here is the link......

http://www.flashkit.com/movies/Effec...8801/index.php

i got it from this site, i don't know if anyone could help, also this is all the help that came with the program i got:

What is SwiftMP3?
    SwiftMP3 is a utility that converts MP3 files into Flash files. But the interested feature is that the resulting file contains:

pure streamed audio, so playback is immediate.
    additionnal data that represent audio spectrum during playback.
    Now you can publish you favorite MP3 files on a web site and make visitors enjoy them through directly Flash plugin, or, even better through your own Flash MP3 Player.

Using SwiftMP3
    Converting MP3 files into Flash movies is fairly simple.
    Here is the main window:

Use the Plus icon to add files in the list, or just use drag'n'drop.
    Use the Minus icon to remove files from the list.
    The Speaker icon gives you the opportunity to listen to the MP3 file using system's default application.
    The Screwtool icon lets you change conversion settings:

Check Generate Spectrum Data if you want SwiftMP3 to generate data for spectrum display.
    Change Frame Rate if needed, the host movie (Flash MP3 Player) will change to this. The higher the smoother will the player be, keep in mind that some complex animations are CPU intensive.
    The Stop setting lets you decide wether the sound clip stops when loaded, at the end or never (endless loop). It is like you added a stop() action script in the sound clip time line.
    The Gears icon starts the conversion:

The resulting file is named after the mp3 file, it is extended with ".swf".

What to do with the result?
    It does not contain any graphics, just the streamed sound data, spectrum values (if option checked), ID3 informations and optionally the stop() action.
    If you don't want to display any player, you can just insert the swf in a web page with usual html tags (PARAM and EMBED). This is handy to put background sound clip in a web page.

But it is very attractive to have a Flash MP3 Player for this sound clip. SwiftMP3 comes with some examples of Flash MP3 Players that you can test. Righ-click on one entry in the list, select "Test in a player" and choose one of "Classic", "Flower" or "Rain" (the "Custom" entry is for your own Flash MP3 Player, see below).

Here are snapshots:

Supported MP3 files
    SwiftMP3 only supports what Flash can do, so only the following sampling frequencies are supported: 44.1, 22 and 11khz.
    SwiftMP3 can extract ID3V1 informations from a MP3 file. The title, the artist name and the album name are extracted from the ID3 tag.

Writing your own Player Movie
    As mentioned above, the resulting Flash movie contains several informations. These informations are stored in variables.
    One variable is important, it is Id3 which is set to one, even if no relevant ID3 informations were extracted. This is for synchronization purpose.
    The ID3 variables are: Title, Artist and Album.
    The spectrum data are stored in variables s1 to s18, they contain an intensity value in a range of 0 to 31. These variables change along the movie according to the sound clip. It is the host movie's responsibility to read these values.
    Let's assume that your sound clip has been converted to the file "song.swf" and the host movie load it onto level1 with:

LoadMovieNum("song.swf", 1);

Then, you can retrieve the ID3 informations with:

_level1.Title
    _level1.Artist
    _level1.Album

Retrieving spectrum values is just a matter of periodically reading these variables:

_level1.s1 through _level1.s18

Sources of the supplied Flash MP3 Players are available in the installation directory of SwiftMP3. Select Help -> Players Folder... to open the folder where the Flash MP3 Players and sources have been installed. FLA files are for Flash MX.
    Study them carefully, especially the synchronization part at the beginning.
    How to test?
    To test your own player easily with SwiftMP3, name it custom.swf and place it where are the sources.
    Then right-click on a converted sound clip and select "Custom".
    When SwiftMP3 starts a Flash MP3 Player it copies the swf to this folder under the special name "test.swf".
    Then it starts the corresponding player.
    Get sure to add a LoadMovieNum("test.swf", 1) in your own player to make it interact with SwiftMP3.

Informations
    The official site of SwiftMP3 is http://www.swift-tools.com
    SwiftMP3 and the Flash MP3 Players sources are the exclusive property of Olivier Debon olivier@debon.net
    Flash® is a registered trademark of Macromedia Inc.

Copyright Swift-Tools 2003

Maybe you should download that, did you take a look at the other things i suggested you download?

I'm not into downloading a whole bunch of stuff onto my computer, so, your mp3 player came from here, where did the equalizer come from?

the more I look at this, the more I have no idea how it's supposed to work, you click a button to load a song, but how does the equalizer load?...man, I think I'm as lost as you are...sorry

can you at least help me with getting my loadbar to work. ok the loadbar is in the 15th frame, you can change, and when you double click there is a one pixel line on the left that you can't click until you move the text box, and that is my load bar..... do you think you can fix it up for me?

ok, please help me with the preloader but i already emailed the maker of the SwiftMP3 maker so i will see if i can get the equalizer to work.

I have no problem with trying to help you with this, it's just that there are so many different things going on...I mean, you have code in to load into a container, but the songs are loaded into a level, I think, and the swf you load, turns into test.swf, so it's imopssible to say what the preloader is supposed to be checking, and that loadbar needs to grow according to the percentage that the new file is loaded, but I have no idea how it's supposed to load, do you know what I mean?...I got that other loadbar to work for you yesterday as an example, but it checks a container movie clip, and I have no ideahow your mp3 player is loading, and what the loadbar is checking...I'm truly at a loss as to what is going on here....

Adam