A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: 100% Button?

100% Button?

I notice when I'm looking at the projector standalone that I can right-click on it and then choose "100%" as my viewing option. Is there a way I can make a button in Flash that does this same thing? (So people with very large resolutions can size down easily?)

Just something I was thinking it might be nice to add if it was possible.

Thanks, Phyllis

Lifetime Friend of Site Staff Northcode's Avatar
    fscommand("allowscale", "false") will snap you back to 100%

Ah ha! Something easy!

Too bad I didn't realize that myself. I guess logic is not my strong point.

Thanks! Phyllis

More button options...

And on this vein, it just occurred to me that I should be able to add in maximize and minimize buttons that use fscommand to set fullscreen to true or to false (<- that last is not *exactly* minimizing but lets you see around the presentation which I think is sometimes useful). I think those would be helpful additions (I often find myself hitting escape in the projector to see other stuff without shutting out of it). Maybe I can even figure out a toggle if/then statement to make the minimize and maximize buttons into one.

I like Flash! I keep thinking of additions I want to make to my CD-ROMs. I don't have a lot of time on the next CD, but once I get caught up am gonna work on a lot of little details (I'll have to make CD's all along so hopefully they can get better and better).

Phyllis

Check out the FREE utilities at Extending Flash. They were written to work with Flash 5, but if you combine them with my other PROXY utility, you will be able to add true minimize/maximize functionality to your projectors!

Hey thanks! I'll investigate these.

Is your PROXY utility the one that opens various filetypes (PDF, etc.)? That the one you're referring to? (I'm using a utility that sounds very similar, but maybe I'll use yours on the next CD since everyone on this board is probably using it... I found the one I'm using before I found this forum.)

Thanks!
    Phyllis

PROXY is only for opening BAT files without the ugly DOS box, but once you can use BAT files without the visual side-effects you can do anything