A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: rollover overlapping images

rollover overlapping images

I’m trying to build a website with basic image links based in top and bottom title bars. In between the two bars, I want to have plain text on the right half. The left half is the difficult part. I want to have four overlapping images that were edited in photoshop, having all but the front image partially covered. I want to have a mouse-over effect when the cursor is placed on each one of the images, fading (or better yet, morphing) the image to the front of the other three images. If the mouse leaves the area that contains the four pictures, the last image that was brought to the front should remain in the front until the cursor is placed on another one of the overlapping images. How do I do this?

Have a look at the attached file, it was something that someone else wanted and is very similar to your needs.
    If you click any of the three names the relevant picture will fade in and the old one will fade out.
    In general terms you set a variable with the button that is used on the enterframe event of a movie(the pictures). This event then does the work of fading in and fading out.
    In your case change the on click to rollover and include the button in the relevant movie.
    Hope this makes sense.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Regards,
    Pete

this is similar to what i want. i need the buttons to activate on mousover. what code would I need to change for that to happen?

also, I dont want the images to completely fade out. How do I change that?

Look at the code for the buttons, I think it should start with:-
    on (release) {

change to on (rollover) {

Change the code attatched to the pictures from
    if (test1 == 1 and _alpha > 0) {
    to
    if (test1 == 1 and _alpha > 50( {
    this will then display the picture at half transparency.
    Regards,
    Pete