A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: PNG image problems - i just don't get it?

PNG image problems - i just don't get it?

Hey People,

When i make my flash movies i import images through Photoshop as PNG files - as you do, then once in flash i turn them into symbols (graphic, button or movie clip) and then when i import the movie (compressed at 90%) i find the images have a 'cracked' effect in them??

I just don't get what i'm doing wrong... I'm sure this can't be just a flash bug? The 'crack' effect only happens when i turn the image's into symbols... It's not extremely noticable, but does look tacky...

You can take a look at what i'm talking about in the flash header i'm currently working on - http://www.enhanceyourvision.com/web/saveserver - if you look up at logo for instance 'SaveServer' , it has that 'cracked' effect.

If anyone could help me out, it would be mmuch appreciated.

Thank you!

I'm not really sure I see the "cracked" effect that you're talking about...sounds very strange though.

yeah, its hard to explain.. 'cracked' is the best way i could say it. It is really hard to notice, so i've attached an image to this post - hopefully it will explain some more.

If someone could help me out that would be great!
    Attached Images Attached Images

try this

move the image around in the symbol.

Example, right now your image is

try x 200.5

I had that same problem before, it was just a matter of adjusting the image inside the symbol. Keep moving and testing and I'm pretty sure that it will turn out right.

Although, on your link, I can't see any cracks.

cheers