A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: 48 hour flashkit competition?

doItLikeThis
    I may loose, but I'll NEVAH...quit. Iam in. Can anyone, just post some rules, except for the fact that there will be a time limit of 48 hours and that the theme will be provided at the competition start off. What will be the size limit of the flash .swf file or what will be the size of the movie ?
    -Aditya

after 5, before 4 Location::~Location(){}
    Wow, that's a lot of people. Well, I'm really glad you're all interested, and I hope even more people want to join. I'll whip up the old rules and post a modified version in about an hour or so, and if you have any questions, don't be shy to just ask em here!

Beatcow

P.S=> Strille, you could probably beat us all in this competition even if we had 2 weeks and you had 30 minutes.

doItLikeThis
    Ok...then who was the last time's winner?
    -Aditya

BEST ART:

1st place: Henrikebbesen
    2nd place: Penleeki
    3rd place: Lukstr

MOST FUN:

1st place: Percy Pea
    2nd place: Strille
    3rd place: Tie-> Fospher and Tonypa

MOST HARD WORK:

1st place: Percy Pea
    2nd place: Strille
    3rd place: Penleeki

BEST ALL AROUND:

1st place: Strille
    2nd place: Percy Pea
    3rd place: Henrikebbesen

ALL AROUND TOTAL:

1st place: Strille
    2nd place: Henrikebbesen
    3rd place: Percy Pea

hey this sounds like fun!
    I'm In, I'l try my best to submit something worth looking at...

****************48 Hour Flashkit Competition************************
    Ok so here is the post that explains it all:

From popular demand, I have decided to be the host (again) of another 48 hour flashkit competition. The following is a set of rules for the contest:

-In order to join the competition, all you have to do is post a message in this thread and say something like “I’m in” or “I’ll do it” or you know, something that obviously indicates that you want to participate. The good thing is, even if you say that you’ll do it, there is absolutely no obligation for you to actually do it! If you just can’t find time, or have other work to do, or your girlfriend/boyfriend (wife/husband grandmother/grandfather or even your pet hamster) is nagging you to come spend a romantic weekend at some resort in Austria, you DO NOT have to do the competition. I just like knowing an approximate number of people who are interested, but like I said before, there are no obligations.

-Whether you have joined or not, I still need everybody’s help for picking a subject. I picked the topic for the first two competitions, and maybe you want me to pick, but since not too many ppl liked my topics, I think it’s best that I get all you FK members to post your suggested topics. There will be NO vote on what topic will be chosen, for I will pick it out of all of your suggestions(this is to avoid cheating). If this competition is like the last one, then two topics will be picked and merged into one(ex: hockey puck and flashkit members....but hopefully better than those ones ). I might use a random word picker, so even I won’t know the topic, but I’ll have to see about that. Anyways, to make a long story short, just post as many GOOD and RANDOM topics as you can in this thread.

-When the date of the contest is chosen, I will post the generated or picked topic. The subject will be revealed in a NEW thread called “48 Hour Flashkit Competition Begins!” usually at 9:00 pm eastern.(You can check timezone differences here http://www.timezoneconverter.com/cgi-bin/tzc.tzc)->I'm in Canada Eastern . This new thread can be used to update us on your game progress or ask any questions because from the second that the new contest thread is posted, you have 48 hours to complete your game and submit your link in a NEW thread called "48 Hour Flashkit Competition entries". All you have to do is post a message with the name of your game and the URL in it. When I say the contest is over in the entries thread , all links posted after my "stop" will not be valid.

-Once all games are in, i post the links and the names of the competitors in a new thread called “48 Hour Flashkit Competition Voting”. Ill give a maximum of 48 hours to do the voting.

Third Party software & help:
    -You can use any Flash program with the help of any other application(except you cannot make a shockwave game or a java game for it must be made or assembled in flash). You can also ask questions on the board if you need help.

Contest Voting rules:

-Anyone can vote, but if they are a competitor, then they cannot vote for themselves.
    - You must vote for a person in each of these categories:
    -Best Art

-Most Fun

-Most hard work

-Most original

-All around goodness

The title “All around best total” is given to the person who receives the most votes in total(all of the categories combined).

-Unlike the last competitions, you are now allowed to vote for a person in as many categories as you want. However, you can only have one vote per category.

-You can only vote for the people who’s game links were posted in the “48 Hour Flashkit Competition Voting” thread.

Contest Winners:
    I will post the winners in a new thread called “48 hour Flashkit Competition Winners”. Each category has first, second and third place positions.

Note: If flashkit goes down or has any kind of problem, there will be a time extension for submitting your game.

Note: Please make your game as appropriate as possible. Nudity, vulgarity and even excessive violence will NOT be accepted.

Note: Sorry for the amount of threads I have to post for each competition(Please moderators, don’t kill me ).

Hopefully the final Note: That should be everything, if you have any questions or suggestions about the rules, don’t be shy to post them.

Ok guys, this IS the FINAL Note: I hope this competition will be as fun as last time. Everyone seems to enjoy it, and even if you aren’t picked as a winner, we all commemorate the amount of time and effort you put into making a game!

Beatcow
    Last edited by Beatcow; 04-21-2004 at 05:36 PM.

Note: Please make your game as appropriate as possible. Nudity, vulgarity and even excessive violence will now be accepted.
    Might want to edit that.

jtnw

Suggestions for subjects:

- Donuts
    - Cows
    - Pirates
    - Zombies
    - Clown

Alright alright, these are more original:

- Toilets
    - Grandpa
    - Guitare
    - Ladders
    - Desert

Ps. I'm in!!!

I'm in.

I'd love to be in too, but it really depends on how much homework gets dumped on me... I'll see.

Ditto to nick

im in i suppose

I added a section to the rules called "Third Party software & help". It talks about using other programs to make your game.

ditto on the might be in. depends on what the weekend unfolds

FK's Resident ...... Resident flashMasterHand's Avatar
    I'll try this out, sounds fun. No garuntees (sp??) though
    Thanks
    Dave
    DaveWasmer.com
    Programmers don't die, they just GOSUB without RETURN.

I'm in, I guess.

I probably wont join as I am working on another game, but what the heck..

hey this sound like fun i'm in
    buddy holly lives in our dreames

www.crazynetwork.dk

I'd like to try.

Also: first post.

I'm in. *prays that he actually has time to do this*