A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 24-7media.de/ingram/

http://www.24-7media.de/ingram/

A great new site from my favorite designer. The attention to detail 24-7 exhibits is extraordinary. Another musician site.

One thing I struggle with is is this always the appropriate design style for the client? If the client chooses it then sure. But they don't always seem to fit.

http://www.24-7media.de/ingram/

Splendid design/flash work. Check out the detail in the musicplayer, I'm amazed! Two things I dont like are the splashscreen and the fact that the site uses a popup, but that's just me
    Last edited by [3S]; 05-06-2004 at 08:55 AM.
    .___________// Dries Schaballie .___________//SEVENEDGE.BE // Interactive media. .___________//DSDESIGN.BE // Personal design portfolio.

Yeah those are two things that are a bit off for some people. I don't mind the pop up as long as it doesn't go full screen.

Anyway, someone on another thread was hatin' on "chrome" styles flash sites and that there should be other kinds. I think this is an example of a "non-chrome/non-futuristic" site that works well.

Awesome work. 24-7 Media continues its traditions. Enjoy the style since the very beginnin'

A new level of attention to graphic detail, it looks beautiful, love the style now.

Still, some 'odd' design choices imho...

along with the popup, there's no way to turn the music off unless you're in the 'music' section and you can't leave a track playing if you visit other sections. Whatever sound is playing should bve consistent across sections and be able to be muted I think, it's just as weird that after leaving the front page there's no sound anywhere on the site except in the music section. But the quality of the sound is top and the music player is a great example of the attention to detail in this site.

Some warning about the links that open new windows would be nice too, especially the PDF, and some feedback on the buttons too, even just a little.

but the overall quality of the visuals is just great.

I notice 'F12' is mentioned as co-designer but there's no link to their site, anyone know who that is?

Stunning site!

Agree with aversion about the PDF link.

I think f12 is http://funktion12.com/

Cool I can't wait to see f12. Looks very 24-7.

nice and simple. my only complaint is some of the handwritten text and decorative typefaces felt almost faded into the background. But really quite nice.

i always love their design.. it just looks so classic but being displayed in modern design
    my msn : meilind4@hotmail.com

Wow!... I mean wow! Great work, the attention to detail is outstanding. BTW have we come up with a name for this style yet? You know like this site and Lana Landis, among others? If not I say we call it Antique, or maybe Da Vincian or Jules Vernian. Just a thought.
    ----------------------------
    Felix_Man
    "Shop smart... Shop S-MART"

beautifull but not functional

I dunno... yeah it looked great.Fantastic design. But I agree with Aversion, and more:

I had no control over the music at all, and it was not apparent where in the interface I needed to look to try to control the sound. It started playing immediately, but the sound was really choppy. I saw it on a fast Win 2000K pro machine with a 56K connection.
    sure doesn't entice me to want to "purchase" the CD.

fp
    <fp>

As Aversion pointed out the music cuts in and out at wierd points of each section.

How about a PDF icon next to the link for the PDF..Dont we all hate the 30 seconds it takes for Acrobat to load? At least a little warning might be nice.

One of my biggest complaints is the horrible actionscripting in the nav. You click on one navigation button and even though you click another navigation button, you cannot change your choice until that section is completely loaded and finished with its animation. Good God that is just annoying. Especially when the loading of just the preloader bar takes 3 seconds...then the loading time...then the 5-10 seconds of animation after its loaded. That means if I made a wrong decision and wanted to view another section..or simply wanted to view another section I have to wait 10-20 seconds just to switch sections. Wouldn't it make sense to build in a simple script to at least let you switch sections if you pushed another button while it was already pre-loading another section? Is that really so hard?
    Last edited by PS01; 05-08-2004 at 04:18 AM.

Lags a bit

A truly impeccable site indeed. They are so good!
    I really enjoy forgetting. When I first come to a place, I notice all the little details. I notice the way the sky looks. The color of white paper. The way people walk. Doorknobs. Everything. Then I get used to the place and I don't notice those things anymore. So only by forgetting can I see the place again as it really is.

Life moves at 63 fps. mr. freak's Avatar
    Very pretty. It's like, a Flash site without any elements actually drawn in Flash

Also, the animation is very slow under Safari. Certain framerates just don't work in Mac browsers.
    Be Happy.
    WebFeats v5 { webfeatsdesign.com } \\\ ITA Judge { internettinyawards.com } \\\ My band! { modusoperandiband.com }

It really is a nice site. I do like that textured style. The attention to detail is superb. Great work.

27-7 colin ingram site...the vintage frame?

http://www.24-7media.de/ingram/biw.html

hi guys,

is there a site source that has really cool looking vintage frames that 24-7 used around their colin ingram site. It looks so detailed that I wondered if they either scanned a frame in or found it on line? anyone know?
    pickles

try this:

http://www.24-7media.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=441

from the creator himself

Talk about drudging up some old stuff

Just reading through some archives, and I was wondering if anyone had an updated source for the accents and swirly things......

Originally posted by mr. freak
    Mac browsers.
    mac browsers suck

that said: great texturing.