A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Easy Popup Windows 3.0 Problems

Easy Popup Windows 3.0 Problems

Hi,

I made myself a flashsite with popups in it, using the very handy extension "Easy Popup Windows 3.0" every thing works well till...

When I view my site offline in internet explorer 6: no problem, when I upload my site and view it online with IE6 the popup refuses to pop up when I push the button. Strange cause when I view it online with another browser like Mozilla Firefox everything pops up well.

CAN SOMEONE HELP ME? Quite urgent and important to get it fixed because all of my navigation is in that pop up.

Is this the right forum for these kind of questions or should I switch from forum?

Thanx to everyone who could help me out.

Stanno

most likely, you have a pop-up blocker installed

You might do well to reconsider your navigation, lots of people now have pop-up blockers installed, and will therefore not see your navigation.

just to be sure, you have uploaded the pop-up file to your server, haven't you?

JennyJ

I have no popup blocker installed
    All files are uploaded

URL= www.barakgrafik.tk

There is no content there at all!

JennyJ

working on it currently only viewable at 1027x768 screen resolution

ok multiple screen resolutions available from now on, anybody?

I read on the internet that IE6 gives some trouble with popup windows, but I still don't now what to do and I want these popups really... Is there also a way to get my site through popup blockers?
    My content is NON-ADVERTISING (banners and other ****), only artistic goals so I think its not wrong in any way to ask for this?

thanx
    Stanno

PS: The site of NORM www.norm.to is all popup and has also worked excellent so it should work also with IE6

anyone please

Still no content!!!

Pop-up blockers are there for a reason - to block pop-ups! It doesn't matter what the 'purpose' of the pop-up is, a blocker *WILL* stop it appearing, there is no way round this, otherwise advertisers would have already implemented it.

Yes, IE6 has issues with popups, generally, the "chromeless" type. You shouldn't have problems with javascript that just sets the size.(as norm seems to)

JennyJ

I found the answer: using a dot.tk domain name does not allow to use popups in internet explorer. I will have to buy a domain that doesnt forward to my website like dot.tk does.

thanx for the help anyway
    stanno