A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: please check this site out

roll`em easy
    Mainz /Germany/Europe/earth/milkyway/world

please check this site out

Just finished a customer`s site (Pizzas to go).
    It`s my fist flash-site with a shopping system.
    I would like to know if there are any bugs and what`s about loading-time etc.
    http://www.online-in-mainz.de/city-kebab/

thanks
    barfly
    stonehead * why should I drink `n drive when I can smoke and fly? *

I have ear-mites! Help! MONSTERBOY's Avatar
    The scroller buttons do the opposite of what is normal, the up arrow makes it scroll down and the down arrow makes it scroll up.

not bad

some nice tantalizing photos of delicious pizza might help spice it up though.

I like the music...

Thanks

The site looks good. Here's what I found.

-I'm not a big fan of text boxes that I can select. You know, the ones that make your mouse pointer look like an I. The front page has a lot of this.
    -You could really spice things up if the buttons and border weren't just grey.
    -The man and car animation on the home page is really repetitive. It may look better if there was a longer pause before it started playing again.

Other than that, good job!

roll`em easy

thanks

to cycle:
    thanks for your opinion but I think the use of only 2 colours keep the site light,clean,easy and fast loading. (at the end it`s a professional Site and the customer want`s to sell pizzas - he`s probably not an artist-patronizer

to monsterboy:
    saw your site a few days ago. I think you like lot`s of pics and motions on your screen. Thought about this (pizza pics ...) too (at the 1. layout) but lately considered otherways.

Anyway, thank you both for your review.

barfly

charlie.phat5.com
    add me to the list of people who are confused by the buttons, and don't think the selectable text makes sense.

i also think that a photo of the food would be of benefit.

roll`em easy
    I just can`t imagine what problems you might have with the buttons.
    and what selectable text you mean. If you`re talking about the text in the subcategories, the text (or sometimes the prices) are clickable for the shopping system.

there are over 50 differnt foods - do you want me to show 50 photos?
    I don`t think that someone visits a pizza site to see how a pizza looks like? Normally you visit a site to order a pizza.

barfly

charlie.phat5.com
    Just to recap: The buttons are backwards. Up is down and down is up... look at the buttons on your browser for reference on how they should work.

The dynamic text box you are displaying the menu in should be not be set to seletable in Flash.

And lastly, no you don't need to show a photo of each item, but a photo of a delicious hot pizza would certainly help sell the food and wouldn't hurt and otherwise bland design.

And for future reference, if you don't really want a critique, don't post you site for one. It is kind of pointless to come here and post something for a review if all you are going to do is defend the site against everyone's advice.

I agree that a picture of a pizza would help. Maybe alternate a spinning pie with steam coming off it with the delivery guy on the home page.
    The grey buttons don't have to be flashy, but why not a color from the italian flag?
    Why is the entire site in German except the sound on/sound off buttons?

I really dig the cash register and like the site overall.