A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Beta] - Juggle!

[Beta] - Juggle!

http://www.geocities.com/nmgwebsite/ball.html

I am not completely done yet, but most of the game itself is completed.

I still plan on doing:
    -More powerups
    -Finishing the other modes
    -Letting you choose a background in the Options menu
    -Adding more "stats".

Well.. Tell me what you think about it so far!
    Thanks!

Cool concept

I kept it bouncing for 10 minutes before I had to break away and do something not involving the computer... lol There needs to be a replay button, and when the game is over, you should have a total score for the arcade mode... that tells you how many times you successfully bounced each colored ball... it was very nice though... very fluid. lol I didn't know what the power-ups were, but didn't really look for an explanation, lol =)

p.s... it's too "tall" the height is too big to fit on this 800x600 resolution screen that I'm forced to use, because I can't change its settings... {at a lab, can't even do F11 here =( }
    Last edited by incanus; 05-24-2004 at 10:37 PM.
    Because I'm Broken... And I'm Lonesome... And I Don't Feel Like I Am Strong Enough...

Only 1 post?

Must get off computer...
    Hey! I can't belive there's not more posts! I love the powerups and stuff! I can't belive what you managed to do since what was it, a week ago? Good job!

This is where I put lyrics to songs everyone likes and things I find witty.

I type with a British and Canadian accent. Eh, got it mate?

Wow.. This wont be a popular game..

Oh well.. One more chance for people who haven't seen it.

Instead of bit'ching about the lack of response to this thread, wouldn't it be better to actually thank and reply to the guys who have taken the time and effort to post ?

Squize.

doItLikeThis
    uh....hehe.....chill squize. Anyway, I liked the game very much Scorpion, and if you coded the ball physics then that's just great. I did'nt get the powerup thing though, because in the moon physics power up, it just goes to a higher height but is pulled down with the same gravity. May be you can change this powerup name or enable less gravity during "Moon Physics". That's it, keep up the good work and please try to thank as many repliers as you can!
    -Aditya

squize: that's what i thought when i read the posts

much better than it was a week ago (or whenever i last looked at it). obviously you havnt completed the other modes of play yet. if so, then i don't think that this is a betta, more like a V1.2

anyway, the physics are pretty good. the powerups are good. work on finishing the engine, graphics and then it will be better.

i don't like it how the ball goes below the edge of the paddle! it like rebounds at half of the ball/paddle which makes it look wrong

for the powerups: you could make a smallen paddle, lengthen paddle, more that it rebounds off the walls, a roof comes into play, the walls becomes closer, the ball could become heavier but still have its rebounds against the walls the same. stuff like that.

neway, work on it some more and it will make a nice game.

Thanks for everybody who has posted. I did make %100 of that game, as i think getting started from a source code is wrong.

I actually updated it a little. I added different backgrounds, and fixed another bug in the actual game. I will complete it later!

Btw. Your post contradicts itself. Complaing about me complaining. Wow.. I love your logic! </sarcasm>.

Valid point

My post wasn't meant to sound as harsh as it may have, it's just that feedback generates feedback.

If I'd just posted "Game sucks" ( For example ) it wouldn't help you at all, and that cuts both ways.
    What I'm trying to say is, if you don't reply in a constructive manner in your own thread, you can't expect others to as well.

Anyway, good luck with the game.

Squize.

Whats with all the spyware on the juggling site.
    =[Gazing Pasture]=

Must get off computer...
    Really Spyware? Granted theirs a ton of popups on Geocities, but I've never known them to have spyware!
    This is where I put lyrics to songs everyone likes and things I find witty.

I type with a British and Canadian accent. Eh, got it mate?

You are right. I do need to respond to others. I should have, but I forgot over and over for some reason.

Oh well.. There is no spyware on Geocities. Its only popups.

Scorpion, I believe that you didn't write the code for the "ball off paddle at different angles" yourself. So I have to say you did 99.5% of the game,

Anyways, its coming along very nicely. Good luck with it. I know its been said, but the ball bouncing off the inside of the paddle looks weird.

And about the Squize's comment, I agree with him. There is no need to complain about anyone not responding to your post.

I wasn't complaining.

And yes, I did write %100 of that. I did look at your topic, but I noticed that it was too hard to understand.

You had maximum angles, sine, cosine, and all of that, which I just didn't get. So, I did make every thing you see in that. If you notice, the only thing affected by the paddle is the x speed. The y is always the same

I really don't want people to think that i stole some of that code, because I didn't. I think that using someone else's code, AKA stealing it, is wrong.

Also.. What do you mean by "but the ball bouncing off the inside of the paddle looks weird."? Thanks!

I will finish later on this week!

the image attached is what it should look like when the ball hits the paddle, however if you look at it you can see the balls going below the top of the paddle.

sorry that i couldnt get a screenshot of it, it would have taken me house - i was lucky to get this one!

leighton
    Attached Images Attached Images

Do you know how I can fix that? I don't want a code (I feel guilty when others do it for me), but rather a brief explanation, if it is easier.

Thanks!

EDIT: Meh.. That was stupid. I just came up with an explanation in my head. A new version is coming soon!

what i was thinking is:

if the balls._y > paddle.ymin-1
    if the balls._x > paddle.xmin and < paddle.xmax then rebound, if not then it falls.

i didnt code it, i told you

Thanks a lot, but I already coded it .
    I am uploaded the updated verison now!

http://www.geocities.com/nmgwebsite/ball.html

Updates:
    -Made paddle smaller. Sorry, it was too easy the other way!
    -Made a "game starting in", so you can expect the game to start.
    -Made 3 backgrounds to choose from
    -Made backgrounds half visible. It was annoying the other way.
    -That "scorpion logo" thing was changed. It just didn't fit.

Things to come"
    -I will add some more powerups
    -Make powerups travel MUCH faster
    -Make powerups be more rare. They appear way too often, and will even more if I add some.
    -Once I finish the main mode, I can just easily change the game to create other modes!

Last edited by Scorpion990; 05-29-2004 at 10:57 PM.