A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Can't get audio only player to work.

Can't get audio only player to work.

I think I have done everything correctly. Used a minimal player, set the output swf to be o x o. I still get a space for video. Can someone direct me to a click by click tutorial perhaps. Sorry for asking for detailed help, but I have followed every tutorial I could find, researched posts on this board and still can't get it to work. I have tried in both Flix 3 and Flix 4 (upgraded last night thinking it might help)

Edit: I am able to do by using load movie but I would like it to be one file and not have to look to another movie. Is it possible to do this?

Any help is great appreciated.
    Last edited by Jaey; 05-25-2004 at 07:43 AM.

Wildform Moderator
    Hi.
    Did you set an audio only preset?
    It should work.
    http://www.wildform.com/flix/flix_powerplayers.php
    Q: How do I add a player to audio only files?
    A: You can use one of the "Minimal" players as audio only players to play an audio only file and display only the play controls. Just set the SWF height dimensions (in the video tab) to 0.
    jb

I am using a plain music mp3 as my starting file.

I selected 256K Broadband High Audio (Audio Only SWF Presets)have selected a minimal player (Mininal D) Checked to look at the height of the swf and it is 0.

I still get just a bit more than 1/4 inch of video screen black over top of the player rack of buttons.

Anything else I may be missing?

Wildform Moderator
    Hi.
    Yes, you still get a small amount of black.
    If you want to completely elminiate the black you'll need to take one of the sample player FLAs and adapt it in Macromedia Flash for what you are doing.
    jb

Originally posted by Jonathan_B
    Hi.
    Yes, you still get a small amount of black.
    If you want to completely elminiate the black you'll need to take one of the sample player FLAs and adapt it in Macromedia Flash for what you are doing.
    jb
    Well I was able to get it to work by having the swf height setting be the absolute last setting changed. Then I could encode one. Now the problem is it doesn't keep the settings between songs, and definitely not while batch processing. Is that a known issue or something new?

The amount of black I was getting was definitely not an acceptable amount or a small amount. The black above the player controls was bigger than the player controls. The small sliver that shows now when I encode one at a time is more than acceptable. It is the same amount of black (the black rectangle that shows on the preview pane at the bottom of the main file screen in Pro4)

Edit: This is what I have found. My mistake had been trying to change the setting for the player after setting the height. Unless the swf height is last thing you change it will not keep the setting. You cannot save that setting and encode the same song again or it will add the black rectangle back into the swf. You cannot batch process with that setting it does not keep the swf height setting after you change screens to batch process. At least not with Pro4. I upgraded to that last night, haven't tried all this in 3.
    Last edited by Jaey; 05-25-2004 at 03:46 PM.

Wildform Moderator
    Which version of the software are you using and what OS are you using?
    jb

Originally posted by Jonathan_B
    Which version of the software are you using and what OS are you using?
    jb
    I edited my last post to give more detail. I upgraded to Pro4 last night. I use Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition Version 2002 Service Pack 1.

Thanks for all of your help.

Wildform Moderator
    It should maintain the settings in batch mode.
    If you are sure it is not maintaining the settings, contact technical support at www.wildform.com/support.
    Send them an .flx settings file (File>Save Settings as) with the settings you are using.

I'm having a similar issue with Flix Pro 4.055

I seem to be able to encode the .swf fine and it plays. However when I add a player the height of the flash with the buttons is 99 pixels. A "minimal" player was discussed previously - I'm not sure what a minimal player is, but I've tried the basic play controls available from the create player window all with the same result.
    http://infoavailable.com/test_record.html

Which players are others using for audio only?
    Last edited by Denver Dave; 02-26-2005 at 10:57 PM.

Wildform Moderator
    The Power Players have "minimal" players.
    You can also create your own players in Flash.
    You can also check out this tutorial which includes a player:
    http://www.wildform.com/tutorials/flixplayer2audio/
    jb

... So Flix Pro does not have a minimal audio only player and we must either buy the Power-player addon or Micromedia Flash to get a minimal audio player????????? The Flix Pro product sure gave the impression that it was designed to handle audio only with the audio presets.

Wildform Moderator
    There is a free player you can download at the link I posted.
    The players with Flix Pro work just fine with audio only files.
    There is no advertising on our site that indicates that there is a "minimal" player included with Flix Pro. The "minimal" player is part of the Power Players.
    jb

Thank you for pointing out the audio only player in the tutorial - this is what we need to play audio.

I beg to differ that the other players handle audio only in an acceptable manner since they insist for some unknown reason in presenting a large vertical space for a non-existent video.

I thought I saw discussion that the video portion could be very small in height, but I could not get this approach to work for less than 99 px.

This certainly confused me and Jaey that started this thread.

Anyway, thank you for the Audio Only Play Control that I needed.

Dave
    Last edited by Denver Dave; 03-01-2005 at 01:02 AM.