A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: band web site

band web site

This site is still under construction. But just wanting to get some feedback on the design and layout. Let me know what you think.

www.round-tree.com/index2.html

All comments welcome.

Thanks.

Most of the links don't work, which I'm guessing you're aware of. The text in the guestbook section is tiny for me.
    My biggest problem is with the wasted space in the middle of the screen which pushes too much stuff below the fold.
    I like the overall design look.

Thanks powdork. I am working on the font issue in the guestbook. I actually have another post in flashkit about it at
    http://www.flashkit.com/board/showth...hreadid=556786

I don't understand why, but on some monitors it looks fine and others it is too small. I'm working on that though. And yes, I haven't created the other pages which is why thouse links don't work.

I assume you mean the space just below the guestbook area which looks like empty space. Part of that space is for the error messages when someone is signing the guestbook. But the other part at the top of the page that actually scrolls, I think I can move that part up or make it smaller so it won't take up as muchspace.

Hello,

I love the design, nice grx, layout is great and i have noticed if i place the site in my 2de monitor 800*600 resolution, i can still scrol interal flash, that i like. It is a bit big for 800*600 but i don't care i'm using 1600*1200.

Maybe make 2 site's at difrent reso.

Good Luck

Toi Toi

Thanks KDNetwerk. I just might have to do that. Make another site at a different res I mean. Can I ask you this? Is the font in the guestbook area too small to read at your resolution?

Thanks

Hello,

The Font Size is perfect.

(y)

Toi Toi

I only see one problem. I'm running on Mozilla, and the menu that says "pull down" with the Jeff and Scott names don't work quite right. All i get is a null symbol from my computer when i try and drag it. I'm sure it's just some type of Mozilla bug. Otherwise, nice job. thumbs up

Thanks for the input guys.

I'll have to download Mozilla and test out my sites in it as well. I always forget about it. Right now I only test in IE, Netscape and Opera. I know that in Opera the transparency for the .swf doesn't work and I don't know a way around it. Do any of you know?

Thanks

Nice graphics, it's looking really nice.

My main comment / critisism would be that the pull down tabs for the biographies could be more obvious and I think it'd be better if they opened full on a click instead of needing to be dragged.

It's hard to say more as it isn't finished yet with all its content