A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: If you can solve this one your a genius.

Yeah I deleted it on my server but if ya want to see it Click HERE

Thanks Again Music Man!
    la la la la laaaaaaa

Hi,

maybe you did not get my PM from a few days ago - the admin.php refers to an adminswf.php - just change this to adminswf.swf

Musicman

YES! Finally it works! I didn't get the PM response. Damn. Well now it works, and I can get on with my project. Thanks for your help.

I'm kind of confused on the whole thing though.

What is the input text field for?
    How does the categories work?
    What does SUBMIT do?

Sorry about all of the questions.

But most of all, can I get the .fla so I can put it in my project? Please?

Thanks!
    Last edited by falshdancer; 06-03-2004 at 05:42 AM.
    la la la la laaaaaaa

Hi,

this is just part of a bigger project (find the many places in save.php that talk about omissions

The scenario: one would upload a fullsize image and a thumbnail, and specify a category and possibly add some text.
    The data would be added to a database, and would feed a gallery grouped by category, showing the thumbnails with a "view fullsize" link.
    In this context it also makes sense to delete an entry

Musicman

OK It is just hard for me to understand without the .fla. Could you send it? Thanks for all of your help thus far.
    Flashdancer
    la la la la laaaaaaa

Hi,

there is no fla ... and never was.
    This project was built with ming, and the only source is that adminswf.php file

Musicman

Thats devistating!! Did I just waste 3 days of work on this, or can I make a .fla? If I can make an .fla does it have to be made in Ming? I've never heard of it. Will you show me how to make an .fla and how to script it.

I'll make the entire thing and send you the .fla. Could I just decompile the .swf and get the action scripts?

Thanks,
    -Joe
    la la la la laaaaaaa

Hi,

just have a look at the adminswf.php file - all the actionscript is there, (and while there are not too many comments, finding the scripts in the php file preserves them while decompiling doesn't)

Musicman

I have started to try to make an .fla, but I've done everything that I know how. I don't need the category radio buttons, the delete button, and the save button and info textfield is optional (I already have it set up to PHP mailform that I'm going to use there.) Basically I just need the load/replace buttons, and the update button to work for my project. I was hoping that you could take a look at the .fla and give it the "musicMan" touch!

Thanks again!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    la la la la laaaaaaa

Hi,

while I prefer working in the text based environment (with such goodies as comparing two versions of a file), this particular project does not include dynamic features (that's why I could substitute the swf for the php)

The code you are asking about:
    add something (the $big item) to the movie and get back an instance handle (which would be needed to place it anywhere than 0,0, or to name it)
    The other one is just finishing a frame, and corresponds to those vertical lines between frames in your flash program

Musicman

BTW: here is an example that really uses dynamic generation: http://wolfgang.remsnet.de/homepage/

I changed the last reply, but I don't think you saw what it was before.Please read it again.

Thanks!
    la la la la laaaaaaa

Hi,

too bad - I only get "unexpected file format" ... you should warn people that you are uploading macintosh files

I made a few changes to get it working. There are two files in the package, the first one is one of the reasons why I prefer ming over flash - when it happened, I had to start over
    I changed the data communiction from flash5 to flash6 style.

There are a few more things in my original code that you could add - sort of bells and whistles stuff, however:
    the load buttons were actually movieclips with two frames (name "bigload" and "thumbload"), and successful loading would just make that clip go to frame 2 and show "replace" instead of "load"
    Similarly, the submit button was a two-frame clip, disabled in frame one, and successful loading of both a full size and a thumbnail would advance it to the active frame 2. - you should probably make an "inactive" symbol for it.

As for the data part: the upload stores image info in the session. The submit button just sends contents of the textfield to the server.
    Now, since you mentioned a mail form, you could either make the "save" part of the script send a mail with description and actual image file names, or you could also construct a MIME mail with the images attached

Musicman

it seems I cannot just edit my post to add the attachment....

Musicman

Congradulations! Your the GENIUS!!!

This is really great! I really apprieciate all of your help. If I make any money on this site, I'll be sure to send some your way.

One final set of questions and I'll get out of your hair. I descided I want it to be able to be saved on the flash site, (the image, TN, and info) how can I do that?

Also I don't need the log-in page, I already have one in flash how should I get rid of it?

Finally I'm going to put this upload inside of my main .swf for my site that resides in a .php with a mailform. Do I just add your .php script to my .php script for the mailform? Copy paste?

Thanks again!
    la la la la laaaaaaa

Hi,

the login part is just the first two stanza on the admin.php - as far as I recall the remainder of the syetem does not really rely on it.
    Adding the images to a mailscript: basically both the client (after displaying images) and the server (via php session) know about the loaded images - you can send the file names bck to the server from a flash form or have the mail script pick them up from the session variables

BTW: the guinea pigs thread is an attempt to find out whether there is a better alternative to javascript - for communicationg the successful upload to the flash movie.

Musicman

flashdancer, do you think i can take a look at the source files for your image upload feature? im trying to do something very similar to what you accomplished and it would really save me a lot of time if i could take a look at your code. I would really appreciate it, thanks!

can someone help me? i'm trying to do the same exact thing that was described in this thread, but i can't figure out how to do it by reading these posts and playing around with all the files that were posted. i just need to be able to upload an image into flash. can someone maybe repost the right files to do this?

Hells Kitchen
    Hi frreestyle,
    I have a much better Flash/PHP image uploader now. I actually created it a week ago. Let me throw it together, zip it and attach it. Ill prob put it up tonight, if not, tomorrow.

-Joe

FYI: I'm not falshdancer anymore, I changed it to FlashGod.com.
    _

Hells Kitchen
    Here it is. I made it as simple as possible. You can see it work on my server. Image Uploader

-Joe
    _

Hi,

for some reason I see nothing at all when I view the movie in player 6 - the upload seems to work ok in player 7 -. but shouldn't I see the uploaded images as well as the "upload OK" message?

Musicman