A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: please critique site

please critique site

http://www.freightdynamics.com/

I know it needs some fixes, but feel free to critique
    pickles

anyone???
    pickles

I like your background, transitions, and layout. I don't like the spinning globe at the bottom because it throws off my attention to the content and it screams flashing gif all over it! Also I just realized that the globe is the logo and I thought it was a partnering company or link to another section of the site. I would much rather see your logo along the top gray bar or somewhere it will be noticed as the site's "logo". I say along the top bar because when I initally look at your site my eyes want to go from the blue image directly up to the grey bar of nothingness. Maybe you could really slow the globe animation down and see what that looks like.

The font you are using in the content boxes is a little hard to read but not that bad. For some reason I really don't like serif fonts too small because they can get a little squished and choppy.

The buttons along the left hand side and each button's text are too small.

I think it would be really nice if you added a nice effect to introduce the text in the content box at each section.

Anyways, after all that I really do like your ideas and colors The theme definately fits the comapny, and the style you have created presents a professional business image!
    i wish i had a sig

Mr Snowman
    A drinking village with a fishing problem
    nice transitions, I have to agree about the spinning globe, a little tacky.
    Life is just a bunch of swf's

thanks guys, I agree about the globe and all the other comments..this helps me a lot. thank you!
    pickles