A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: The Newest Penguin Game

The Newest Penguin Game

Hi Guys!

My newest game is ready
    Please take a look and give me some feedback
    And OF COURSE....have some minutes of fun!
    Greetings from Austria
    CD

PINGUIN 5

I think maybe smoother ups and downs......

Nice game though

found a bug.

if you click on a menu (of your OS not flash) and get flash to stop/hang then you can just let your time go. Im on a mac using safari and am not sure if this happens on other OSs/browsers.

too "hard" movement up/down yes.. you should definitly change that. And very booring after a time..

free-webmaster-resource.com deamothul's Avatar
    why a penguin game, thats done about a zillion times now....be original ....

It looks like he's making a penguin game series. hehe...

Hi Guys!

Thanks for your comments!
    Ok, the movement could be smoother (techniqual no problem) but than i have not the speed in UP and DOWN the player needs to react fast enough to hit not the obstacles!

2.)
    Why so many pinguin games?
    Because the client is a master of ICE (world champion in ICE-Sculpturing) and therefore he wishes games with the ambient of ICE (Icebear, Arktis, Penguins, etc. etc)
    The clients wish is my order!!!!!!!!
    I AM NOT A LOVER OF PENGUINS *gg*

Greetings from Austria
    CD

The movement should definitly and absolutely be smoother! sorry to say, but it's not any fun to play when they are like this. And the speed could be decreased a bit. You can add other elements to the game also, like more enemies and powerups and bonuses

Some of the sounds in your games (pool) have been taken from the original penguin games.....

Hi!

Which sound is from the original pinguin game in the pool-game?
    Please let me know, because i have taken NO SOUND from an original pinguin-game and when this is the case, i remove it of course!
    Greetings
    CD

personnaly i loved it. It can get frustrating though, especially at first. I would think about allowing a certain # of lives, and creating checkpoints through the game.

Hi!

Thanks for your impression!
    A certain number of lives could be a nice element and i will implement this in a future version
    On the other side it is not so good for good players because than a game would be to long
    I have make the knowledge, that the most people do not want play a game, which is longer than 30 seconds
    I have tried games with powerups etc. etc, but with all these games i had not the success (in Klicks) than with REALLY SIMPLE GAMES, which take not longer than 20-30 Seconds
    Why make a MORE OF WORK if the average user do not play with it, because he has no time (maybe in office) for a game which take some minutes!
    For example the pinguin throw game:
    With this game i have not 10% of the clicks, which i made the pinguin chaos game, which takes (without faking!) maximal 20 seconds!
    Of course its only my opinion and everyone can take another philosophie in gamedesign
    Greetings
    CD