A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Medeski Martin & Wood, truely AMAZING!

Medeski Martin & Wood, truely AMAZING!

I just woke up after getting back home around 2am from a Medeski Martin & Wood show. It was the most intense show i have even been too, i don't think i will ever go to a show that tops that. Dj Logic opened up with a 30 minute spin session which was also amazing. And then Soulive came out and did a huge opening that was like an hour and a half long. and that was just wow, the keyboardist did this huge like 10 minute solo WOW! and then what we were all waiting for MMW took the stage they just walked out and started jamming and did this like 15 minute intro. and then talked for about 30 seconds and then just started the show...which was a NON-STOP 2+ hour jam session most AMAZING thing i have ever seen. they didn't stop at all, the only time there was any real break was when Medeski and Wood walked off the stage for Martins 10 + minute drum solo...omg i don't know what else to say that was the most amazing 5 hours ever...i never thought it was going to end...2 hours non stop jam!!!!

</rant>

so anyone ever seen them perform before?
    and also what is YOUR most amazing show you have even been to?
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

Always Twirling Toward Freedom pooon's Avatar
    :jealous:

Not a lot of big shows come by my area, and when they do, I usually have to miss them for some stupid reason. I did however get to see buck 65 live. My favorite mc of all time. He's like beck meets tom waits. Kind've a hip hop honkey tonk. I got to sit down and have a drink with him after the show.

MMW's cd are amazing as well, thier 9th full album to be released soon.

but to see them live do a freestyle jam session for over 2 hours...that was just wow...i need to change my pants thinking about it again haha

DJ LOGIC!!!!
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

Banned by GMF ™
    FK´s Banning Machine

stop talking about it already, ill kill you if you keep rubbing it in.. lamer.

lol all day friday i was zoning out listening to them in d.a. ahah

"everyone is like what is this crap?!?!?!1111"

i hate that class... oops rambling..

its good, kept talking about how i hated you for leaving though... damn loser...

</ramble>

:P

I've been listening to them for awhile, great stuff. Haven't gotten a chance to see them live yet. I think I will after that review.
    "What really bugs me is that my mom had the audacity to call Flash Kit a bunch of 'inept jack-asses'." - sk8Krog
    ...and now I have tape all over my face.

Most DEFINITLY, if it is even possible They are WAY better live, then on their recordings. Want to see them again, touring now. So might have to take some roads trips haha. they are playing at a 3 day jazz fesitval down in West Virginia near one of my friends...might have to pay him a visit

man! where was the show and why didn't i hear about it????!?
    I'm only 30 minutes up the road from you ya know...
    Grrrr....

it was at the memorial auditorium, RIGHT next to 242 where all the punk shows are at. to bad you didn't go...

damn.. i used to work sound at 242 for years... you'd probably recognize me...

weird how was the sound? It's USUALLY god-awful in there...

Grr.. it also dawns on me that i could have gotten in free...

have you gone to any of the jazz festival? well i am sure it could have been better. but i am not sound guru...but i was just blown away, as you can see in my other post. i have only been to like less then 10 242 shows...i am not in the scene anymore.

DJ's are NOT musicians!

just kidding, but I personally am not into the whole DJ scene.

DJ Logic was just the opener... MMW is definitly NOT DJ scene...