I've recently finished an animation for a university brief and thought I'd show it here.

The idea was to make a trailer for a larger piece that I'd never actually make. The inspiration for the style came from feudal Japanese painters such as Hiroshige and Hokusai but I wanted to put a bit of a Hollywood twist on it hence the opening and closing along with the rather dramatic music

I've had some issues with performance (it wasn't made for the web obviously and Flash doesn't appear to like my large file sizes). It runs very poorly on Macs (in terms of the music lining up with the action) and on the PC it seems to give me a different result depending on where its played from, what else is running in the background and what I had for dinner the night before. Basically its been a really chore getting it to even this point, so apologies ahead of time if it doesn't match up for you either. I've torn my hair out about it for too long to care now. I suggest you run it without any big applications running in the background to see it as close to how its meant to play (don't have this trouble with video grr).

Feedback is welcome but I'm not going to change it (ok I MIGHT add in some arrows if I can be bothered) because its been handed in now ready to be marked. I would be interested in hearing how it runs on your computers though.

Here is the link:

http://www.sethpowell.com/experiments/BushidoFlash.zip (24 megs)

Just extract it with directories intact and run StartHere.htm. the rest should be self explanatory.