A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: scrubbing frames in loaded movies

scrubbing frames in loaded movies

Hi guys, ive tried alot today, but i dont get it to work. I need a scrubber for my flash, i have a "drag" button, that id like to connect to my loaded movies, to get forward and backwards in the movie faster than the buttons. The variables i have available of my loaded movies are currentframe, total frame, and how many % the loaded movie has played. I`d also like the button to follow as a pointerslider as the movie plays.

Can any1 help me ?

Why not just use the one that comes with Flash MX? You can change the graphics to suit you design, and not have to worry about the coding.

Dig around in your Flash application folder, it's there under videocontrol.fla or something along those lines.

i have trouble connecting it with my stiched files.

Didn't see your tag - you're obviously still working on this.

You have the total frames, and the frames of each stitched file - why not create a variable from the totals, then track the frames as a total as they load and play?

Thats what im trying to to, i have a pointer, it follows from start to finish in my design as the stiched files plays, and ends neatly when they all have finished where its supposed to end. The drag/clik/release function for scrubbing is worse though, as u have no "gotoandsplay" possibilities in stiched files. Im experimenting with a couple of loops that finds positions, adds new frames summed up to the currentframe, ill se what ill come up with. As the stiched files are playing, i see the x pos of the slider altering, and currentframe going through the whole totalFrames. Its what happens when i press the slider, wanting to drag it i get stuck right now.
    Last edited by thomasoe; 06-06-2004 at 08:41 PM.

Messy - I'm sure that's why it's not a feature on the skins Sorenson provides. You have your work cut out for you.

In fact so messy that i'll let it rest for a while, thanx for the input.