A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Black Ice Firewall

Black Ice Firewall

Anyone use this app? Is it any good?

I use it, works well, but I prefer zone alarm.

Zone alarm asks what applications you want using the internet and so forth. with black ice, you have to wait until someone complains about not being able to connect and then go allow it to work by opening up a window and allowing it manually.

Good deal. That's the info I was looking for.

Black Ice is much better because it dosn't ask you what you want to access, once you grant a cunningly named trojan/virus access to the web your computer is more vunerable than if u didn't have a firewall because u then think you are safe.

I remember the old sub 7 days, if sum1 had zonealarm they were easy pickings, bring on the trojan named 'Internet explorer' I.e. do you want Internet Explorer to access the internet? Yes or No?

C my point?

All that I know is that C I Host, which one of my clients unfortunately uses, used Black Ice firewalls and their servers were completely destroyed by the "Witty" worm.

More here.
    I really enjoy forgetting. When I first come to a place, I notice all the little details. I notice the way the sky looks. The color of white paper. The way people walk. Doorknobs. Everything. Then I get used to the place and I don't notice those things anymore. So only by forgetting can I see the place again as it really is.

Is Sygate any good? I know a few people who use that.

h
    On That Note Forums - 1200 members and counting...
    "...our focus remains on the music."

I used to swear by zonealarm, but recently had tons of crashes, bad downloads and so on...

Traced it all back to the memory hogging Zone Alarm.

I'm using the XP SP2 firewall and so far its brilliant, no crashes, not bugs, nothing...

Its great!