A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone here into Photography?

Anyone here into Photography?

What's your setup?

Im into digital photography, although a amateur. I use a Olympus 5050z ( 5 mp ).

I am currently testing , making 3d photos and one shot 360 panoramas, with cheap equipment.

I have some images in a gallery I built in Flash.

www.maxschultz.com/pp
    ( had to put the gallery on a clients server as mine does not support php ( for uploading images without ftp )).

-Pelle Piano
    // Image Gallery
    www.studiobild.com
    // Photo Blog
    http://talesofthepixel.blogspot.com

wow - not sure what's more impressive the pics or the flash gallery with killer roll-overs.

Lomo LC-A mainly, sometimes my Nikon F301 with a few different lenses.

Yes, they're both film. The Lomo is very special, no digital camera can produce the kind of photos the Lomo does.

www.lomography.com

I have two problems with digital. First, battery - until somebody can make a battery that's going to last me 3 months, then we'll see. Second, the annoying gap after you press the button until the photo is taken; when I press the button, I want the photo to be taken.

Running Plodding & Limping SpockBert's Avatar
    Years ago I was well into it (well black and white anyway) had a Nikon FM3 and an 801 autofocus. My dad is a Nikon nut with every bit of kit going so back then I had access to some amazing lens.

But then I sold the cameras to help buy a car and didn't take a picture or do any printing for years.

Recently I've borrowed a Canon G5 a few times and fell in love with it, the results the way it handles and I sort of got bitten by the photographic bug again. Just wish I had my own G5.

Its got me thinking, instead of trawling through image sites and checking out licenses, restrictions etc etc why not just keep the camera with you and take your own images?

I love that gallery PellePiano, thats sweet

Fujifulm 602

and a little Canon Digital Ixus for carrying in my pocket

Hmm well I do digital stuff, just working on an old Fuji Finepix a205 tbh.

When you ask what set up though - how detailed you want to go, my partenr does a lot of black and white slr work, so im sure i can ask her
    Been a while since I was here! Might just stay around this time! | Check out my Deviations - all comments welcomed!

i'm using a sony mavica:

just got it a few days ago

you can see some pictures here

everyones cameras sound so nice

i got really into photography during 3 years of independent study in high school.
    that whole time i had my cousin's darkroom equipment on permanent loan.
    my setup was the pentax k-1000, which 17 years later is my only 35mm camera

recently got the canon digital rebel.
    after years of point and click digitals, getting an SLR again feels like aboslute freedom.

Ah, these boys is all swelled up. So this was earlier...getting set to trade. Then, woooaaah differences.
    Blog ¤ Photos ¤ Book

I've recently gotten myself into photography.

Setup is not much just semi-pro equipment.

Nikon N/F75. With B&W photography I use Ilford XP 400 (C-41) I dont have the luxery of a darkroom and I know if I give B&W film to developers here in Greece, im sure they'll make a muck out of things with the Chemistry. I have a Red Filter on all the time when im shooting B&W.

For colour I use Fugifilm Superia 1600. I love shooting under avialable light with highspeed film. Give's you complete control and using different apetures and fast shutterspeeds you get some great photos. It's grainy but nothing that photoshop cant fix if it doesnt work well with the photograph.

I'll post some soon.

I'm into photography, but I'm more of an hack than anything else.

On the film side, I have a Belomo Vilia, old Russian camera, everything is manual, but it's an awesome camera.

Also have, for fun, I have a Lomo ActionSampler yep, with the lederhosen! that I keep around for some shots.

But on the digital side, I have a Canon Digital Elph that I keep with me.
    Last edited by gerbick; 06-20-2004 at 08:55 PM.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

I have the ActionSampler, same thing minus the German accessory - they are great fun for £20/$30/€30.

Do you use the Lomohomes on www.lomography.com gerbick?

naw, don't use lomohomes...

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

Ahh lomo.. been a while since I've heard that.

I've been in it for a good chunk of my life. Canon EOS-3 is my baby, 2 lenses now, more to follow. Few bells and whistles to go along with it. Bout to buy a 550EX tomorrow... can't wait. Got a Mamiya 645 system too. Old Graflex, some random stuff for it. Nikonos, half the stuff I have is hand-me-downs so it's broken for the most part.

If I could afford digital, I would, but for the kinds of things I need it to do, it's waaaaay too expensive. Film still rules.
    The other day, I bought a box of animal crackers. On the side, it said "Do Not Eat if Seal is Broken". I opened the box and sure enough...

i just got the Sony F828 a whoppin 8 mp, its nice and takes really nice pictures, the macro lens that I have is amazing

1 8mp pic is about 3.7 mb

I need to get a gallery

Mom said "make me a Mod" el-Ignoramus's Avatar
    Originally posted by PCRIDE
    i just got the Sony F828 a whoppin 8 mp, its nice and takes really nice pictures, the macro lens that I have is amazing

1 8mp pic is about 3.7 mb

I need to get a gallery

I thought it was a 12 MB camera

and honestly not to put you off or something, It's macro distortion is one of the things that put me off away from this camera

also it's lack to som,e features like Time lapse photography, so far my best bet is the Ganon G5 which I'm currently sleeping with

btw the Sony F828 haas superior quality in taking colored shots in good light conditions, plus the versatility of several storgae devices makes it one helluva camera, I'm just not so fond of it's Macro and night shot qualities

still it's a great catch, how much did you get it for??

i paid full for it 999.00

I have a 3x macro lens attach that really makes it.

Here is a shot with macro mode, 3 .5mb at least though

here
    make sure you view full pic

as far as the time lapse, it has bracketing mode for action , but slow time lapse it doesn't.

it takes video too which is nice, and is selectable from 1 mp, 3 mp, 5 mp 3:2 and 8 mp

on your camera, how long does it take to record the image onthe disk,

read more here
    http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/spec...ny_dscf828.asp
    Last edited by PCRIDE; 06-21-2004 at 01:11 AM.

Just a note on megapixels as there seem to be a subject of confusion for many.

A 8 megapixel camera will produce a image with the doubled width of a 2 megapixel camera. Although the pixel amount is quadrupled , the image size is just doubled.

To double the size of a 8 megapixel image you will need to get a 32 megapixel camera and so on.

The more megapixels, the less the image size will increase per added megapixel.

-Pelle Piano
    // Image Gallery
    www.studiobild.com
    // Photo Blog
    http://talesofthepixel.blogspot.com

Guess I'm old school...

I just bought a hasselblad for cheap. Course anything film is cheap these daze.
    I hope to develope a site with some images and reviews etc. Currently I have a darkroom but I'm getting more into the digital side of things.

Film is not that cheap, its actually more in a year than a digital camera.

1 roll of film 5-7 bucks
    1 development 4X6 7.00 bucks

you figure for a normal user with a camera, maybe 2 rolls a month and 2 develops a month

thats 336.00 in a year that you would spend in film.

that will buy you a 3 -5 megapixal cameral, then you can store as many as you want, and get the ones that you want to get developed. No more guessing if that picture turned out, you can see before you print,
    and most of the time people leave them on the computer as a album.