A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Can you give some concepts....

doItLikeThis

Can you give some concepts....

Ok this is quite old now, play this:-
    www.geocities.com/ctoffakes/demo.html
    What iam doing is that in each attack animation, one big movie clip including both the characters is played....is that a good habit to do that or is it gonna harm me later and how should I go about it?
    -Aditya

Hey mate,

I think that it is pretty good as it is. All that needs to be fixed are the graphics, sound and then add a high score table. They you would have a pretty cool game

hey, very interesting concept
    i'm a little bit lame with those kinds of games (though i beat the opponent in your demo), but hey, at least it's oh so easier to code that than a real fighting game

i would preferably use 2 separate MCs for each player, that way it will be veeery more flexible if you want to add new guys or animations, honestly.

maybe when the opponent is attacking you, there's another key press sequence uniquely for you, so that you can raise your protect status, and loose less life depending on how good you did? or another similar mini-game, like there's a bar with an arrow moving fast on it, and you have to stop it at the middle, or press a correct sequence of up-down-left-right arrows......

doItLikeThis
    Originally posted by marmotte
    hey, very interesting concept
    i'm a little bit lame with those kinds of games (though i beat the opponent in your demo), but hey, at least it's oh so easier to code that than a real fighting game

i would preferably use 2 separate MCs for each player, that way it will be veeery more flexible if you want to add new guys or animations, honestly.

maybe when the opponent is attacking you, there's another key press sequence uniquely for you, so that you can raise your protect status, and loose less life depending on how good you did? or another similar mini-game, like there's a bar with an arrow moving fast on it, and you have to stop it at the middle, or press a correct sequence of up-down-left-right arrows......
    Konnichiwa(Hello) marmotte. thanks for the nice conepts, now I really understand how it is flexible. I liked the idea of including a defense mechanism, for that I will have to make it a turn based fighting game.

leight: Yeah, graphics and sounds are all temp., I'll have to really work hard to put it all togeather neatly, thanks for the reply!
    -Aditya

Hey man,
    do you know those dancing games where you have to press the right buttons to make a move? You could incorporate it into your game.

You can check wich user has pressed the most correct buttons, he is the attacker. His attack will be choosen by the amount of correctly pressed buttons. The defender will also have a certain defending strengt determined by his correctly pressed buttons.

Sounds like fun!

better than chuck norris
    that does sound like fun, id play it!