A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [Beta] Mini Golf Game

[Beta] Mini Golf Game

I've been working on a mini golf game, and I finally have a couple holes finished to show you guys. You can play the game at http://www.flashisland.net/minigolf/. The final version will include nine holes. Just choose the number of players, aim the club with your mouse, and hold the mouse button to pull the club back. Release your mouse to hit the ball. Please let me know what you think of it, and if you find any errors. Thanks!

That is one hell of a cool golf game!

Reminds me of the Director games on coffeebreakarcade.com

Is it for a client, or did you just theme it like that for no reason?

Excellent work!

Wow, thanks for the nice comment! This has been my ongoing personal project ever since I started creating games with JavaScript and then I moved it to flash. The hole themes are just random...there's no real reason for them.

Pretty cool.

very very cool!

had a fun time playing it, but thought it was a little too easy, possibly have the power start over. what i mean is, instead of stopping the club in the very back at full power, have it constantly moving back and forth. not too sure if this will help or hurt it but its worth a try

Yea, maybe I'll try having the club keep moving back and forth. It is a little easy, but I didn't want to make it too hard either.

Man your game is awesome! Congratulations! You rule!
    Last edited by darkwings; 06-22-2004 at 10:52 PM.

Instead of showing the cursor show a short line of the direction of the ball and hiding the mouse... That will make it a little harder...

Very good...

-----Soccr743-----

This was a more enjoyable golf game than most others i've played because of the mini theme and the cool challenges (moving chess pieces etc).

Sometimes the angle that the ball came off things looked a little wrong. Also, the ball took a while to slowdown but i'm not experienced with golf so that might just be how it's supposed to be.

Awesome work

Professional Air Guitarist Frag's Avatar
    Brain, Body, Clothes, Computer Chair, Room, House, Neighborhood, City, State, Country, Continent, World, Galaxy, Universe, and on?
    Cool game, but I have one suggestion:

I think you should decrease the power. I held the mouse down for 1/10 of a second and it went purdy darn far. And holding it down for 5 seconds or so, well, that's asking to be kicked out of Castle Golf Land

Brain, Body, Clothes, Computer Chair, Room, House, Neighborhood, City, State, Country, Continent, World, Galaxy, Universe, and on?
    I was playin some more and I have another idea:

Mouse.hide();

Otherwise when there is nothing between the ball and the whole, the player can simply press the whole and let go in a couple seconds.

Just a suggestion

Soccr743:
    The line pointing to the direction of the club sounds like a good idea. I think i'll try it and see what it lookes like. I usually don't like game where the mouse is hidden though.

StenFLASH:
    Yea, a few of the collisions aren't quite right, but I can't get them any better then they are. I was thinking about increasing the friction to stop the ball from rolling so far.

Frag:
    You're right, the ball does move pretty fast for just holding it down for a second
    Last edited by flashisland; 06-22-2004 at 11:05 PM.

Frag:
    I just thought of something. Instead of hiding the mouse the entire game, maybe the mouse could be hidden only when it is pointed at the hole. I tried the game when the mouse is completely hidden, and it just doesn't 'feel' right.

Cool

I wish you could add some space on the edges of your game. Sometimes, when the ball goes near the game edge, its hard to control it, as the mouse gets out of the Flash movie.

I also wish you would hide the club, while ball is moving.

looks great..well done!

Good game, but the first time I tried play appears this:
    (check the image)

Maybe don't load correctly, anyway well done the game is great!
    Attached Images Attached Images

al hack:
    Yes, you tried the play the game before all the holes have been loaded. I'll fix this in the final version.

tonypa:
    Hiding the club after hitting the ball sounds like a good idea. I think I'll try that and see what it looks like.

Very nice. The graphics reminded me of the minigolf game candystand.
    I noticed that the hitTest was off on the first level on the bottom rail. If you go all the way around the course, and hit the border on the bottom, the ball bounces before it hits the border. I'm not sure if I explained that correctly.
    Keep up the good work.

dbarbarian:
    You're right, there was a problem in the bottom rail of the first hole. I've corrected the problem and I'm working on a few other collision problems I've noticed in the other holes.

Thanks for all the great comments. Please tell me if you find anything you think may be a bug!