A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: downloading a jpg

downloading a jpg

Is there any way of having the user click on a bt in flash that pops up the download dialogue box to download a jpg with out zipping a file or putting in a pdf??? All I want is one click and boom! The download box appears! Anyone??? But doing it with a .jpg!!! not a zip!

thanks
    ry

would you please clarify? what download box are you referring to? is there such a component in flash? what does zip have to do with it?

I think he means that when you clcik on a zip for example in IE a d/l window auto comes up. But this is only because it is a file type that IE can't display, whereas a jpg is and presumably people don't want to d/l it, they want to see it, like an html file or an image.

As far as I'm aware, you'll have to say to the user that they have to right-click and Save As... on the jpg displayed, or just put it in a zip, I don't believe there's a way to bring up a d/l window.

I see, yes I agree about file types, so I would not rely on the browser's dialog box. I would try to implement a dilaog box in flash (which is not a windows dialog box) and use that instead. I am sure there is a flash class or component that allows one to save a file to a local disk from a flash movie.