A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: coke effect

Hybrid View

coke effect

Hi,
    I've been working on this and I can't make it look realistic or cool.
    I want to have a coke bottle pointed at the screen to open up, spray coke on the screen and then the coke runs down the screen.

Does anyone have a swf. or know of a website that has done a similar effect ?

Hope I explained that well.
    Thanks

"Let us be rid of it-- once and for all! Come on, Mr. Frodo. I can't carry it for you...but I can carry you."

Cool Person
    hehe sorry 5 minute thing... but something like this? or what exactly are you talking about?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Ich bin ein kuppler!

Thanks but that's not what thinking of,okay so I was thinking really realistic like say I have an image in the background and have transparent coke running off the screen and sorta warping the background image as it runs down as if you were looking through a piece of glass with water running down it. + fizz and bubbles and remaing drops afterwards.

it's hard to get it looking good.
    I don't really need fla.'s or anything just a reference or tutorial.

Thanks alot Maikelis

"Let us be rid of it-- once and for all! Come on, Mr. Frodo. I can't carry it for you...but I can carry you."

Here's an idea, though I haven't tried this out...

Make a bitmap copy of your "background" image that the coke is going to flow over. Use an image editor to pre-warp the sections where coke is going to distort the image. (I thought about just enlarging it, but that will be noticeably less realistic away from the center.)

Animate your flowing coke in a movie clip, using at least two solid colors - a highly transparent dark-brown core, maybe 30% alpha, with a denser, more opaque (80%) brownish-white halo around it. Realistic liquid animation is never easy, but if you put each color on a separate layer, shape tweening will fill in the gaps between keyframes and look reasonably fluid as long as your flow doesn't move with unrealistic direction or speed. (Shape tweening may handle the "core" a lot better than the "halo", you may have to hand-animate the "halo" or at least put in more keyframes or hints.) Add this movie clip as a foreground layer to your animation.

Once you're happy with the liquid animation, duplicate that movie clip and eliminate all but the dark-brown core layer. Now apply this core layer to your animation in synch with the original liquid animation, make it a mask, and attach your pre-warped image to it. Put this masked animation between your background image and the liquid animation.

Now when the fluid flows, the distorted areas should show "underneath" the liquid, and as it moves out of the way, your undistorted image will show through again. I think this will produce the effect you're looking for, at least as closely as it can be approximated in pure Flash. What you might really want is a fluid simulation rendered in CG with ray-traced optical distortion, to import as video, but that's a major time and bandwidth eater.

I hope this helps!
    -- Dale Dobson, ddobson@offworldmarketing.com

Thanks guys,
    I'll mess around with it and see if I can get it right.

Thanks again