A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: first web design meeting

first web design meeting

I've been webdesigning as a hobby for years but haven't done many jobs for other people. My friend's mom recently asked me to do a website for her furniture store and I gladly accepted. The site should be easy enough to build, but I have to meet with her and this is the first time I've done this kind of thing. I was wondering what I should prepare, what I should bring and what kinds of questions I should ask her. Thanks for your help everyone,

carlos

Pen + paper.

just remember how much she will make from the site overitme, being on the net

Charge her accordingly, yes she's your friend, but you have to make some money, right?

Señor member
    moved to the boardroom for you, you'll get more detailled suggestions here

Good luck with the work
    Company, Meet Creative
    ------------------------
    welcomebrand

1. Dress nice - suit and tie

2. Nice car - Benz, Beamer, Lexus (if you don't own one, find one to borrow)

3. Listen to her requirements - do not say you need this and this as it is a major turn off to the client (you may suggest things though)

4. Write down notes using a nice pen and paper or pocket pc

5. Prepare an overview of the meeting with the client's name, company name, date, time, etc. and topics of meetings and any other thoughts you have.

6. Topics to go over in meeting (goals for the site, site map, etc)

7. Do not discuss her budget as she may begin to think you will max her out, instead tell her you will write a detailed proposal about the project using her requirements to come up with the cost.

8. Write thank you note for meeting with you.

Remember that if you are wanting to get into this full time you need to get off on the right foot. Even though she may be a friend, go all out to impress. You want to develop good habits from the get go. Do not be scared to charge a fair amount. Good luck!
    "Leading the business of today into the future of tomorrow"