A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Flash MX hates me and my preloader!!!!

got any fizzie lifties??

Flash MX hates me and my preloader!!!!

Can someone please help?!?, i just spent literally 8 hours trying to get a preloader to work on my flash site! I read all the messages regarding preloaders and none of them helped.

I have a flash site that is roughly 800kb and i am trying to put a preloader on it, i went through about 10 tutorials...none of them worked, i downloaded preloader .fla files with the script already added to them...none of them worked. My main movie clip is one frame, and i tried to paste the frame as either a new scene in the premade preloader .fla, or as the first frame in the same scene....none of that worked. I am about to loose my mind. Please help me! Let me know what you need to look at....is it my main movie clip that is causing problem? like i said there were some preloaders with the actionscript already added, which it should be a simple as creating a second scene, but it soes not work. when i test the premade preloaders a streaming video they work fine, but once i ad my movie to the file, it does not work.

Goodbye...
    Hmm, I don't know what to tell you. Can you maybe post the script you're using for the preloader?

got any fizzie lifties??

i hate preloaders

It's cool....I had a friend show me how to create an external preloader, which I personally find much more benificial.

Thanks anyway!