A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Menu Help

Menu Help

I couldnt find a tutorial myself so I am asking here. I am trying to make an animated menu the animation changes depending on the button you press so all movement is in actionscript. If someone can send me a good tutorial for that, it would be greatly appreciated.

As for my menu, it starts there are 5 buttons in the center of the view window. When you first press one the one you press must move to the top left corner, the other 4 must move to the bottom of the page evenly apart. This being the easiest part of the menu. Once the buttons have dispersed in said method. On the press of 1 of the 4 inactive menu buttons on the buttom of the screen I want the button pressed to replace the one with the top left corner. Knowing this sounds difficult I would much rather someone send a good tutorial I can learn from then send the coding to do this.
    Never forget what gets you to where you end up.
    http://www.richardpitul.com

come 'ere a minute
    Well I would have to say using a tellTarget command with the animations in it would be 1 way, like put all the diff animations for each button or...im not sure how to do this tho but using the setProperty("name", _x, 200); -- the 200 is the position on the screen. Maybe something like
    on(release){
    if(level10 == "name"){
    stop;
    }else{
    tellTarget("name"){
    gotoAndPlay(20);
    }
    }
    }
    just tryin this off the top of my head. I dont kno that much about actionscript, just the basics and stuff like that. Somebody might kno where im going with this.

Ill just push htis to the top of the list.
    Never forget what gets you to where you end up.
    http://www.richardpitul.com