A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: how to make "static" swf from swf-template and dynamic jpg?

how to make "static" swf from swf-template and dynamic jpg?

hi,
    i'm searching for a tool to install on a server (apache, linux) or a php script that generates swfs from a template swf and a jpeg.
    i used swift generator and it worked great but it only supports flash 5 templates, so now i'm searching for a tool that does the same with flash 6 templates.
    i already found this here:
    http://www.quiss.org/swftools/ and the "rfxswf library" seems to be the right tool, but i cant find any documentation about it...
    thanks for any help, kolt

You can use Ming (http;//ming.sourceforge.net), version 0.3 supports F6AS.

Though Ming doesn't use templates, you can have Ming load your template movie, attach it, and insert the JPEG, all in all about 7 lines of code.

hi jerry,
    thanks for your answer, i already stumbled over ming, but i did not find a solution to change a static jpeg in a swf. is it really possible to create a stand-alone-swf that does not use a "loadMovie" to load the jpeg into the animation?
    thanks, kolt

Hi,

it should be possible with plain php code - try yourself

Musicman

hi musicman,
    thanks for the example, but does it really take a swf and change the image inside the swf or do you create a complete new swf with ming?
    my problem is that i have some complex animations of pictures that i cant script. so i have to take a fllying jpeg (animated with motion tweens, guides, masks etc) and exchange it with another one.
    with flash 5 i already did this with swift generator, with the swift script language you could tell the generator to exchange the image01 with the file "dummy.jpg" . but swift generator seems to be no longer developed, php turbine does not run on our system
    it would be really great if you could give me one more clue if that would work with ming or not...
    thanks, kolt
    ps: see the attachment for an example of an animation that i want to use...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi,

it IS modifying the original swf....

Musicman
    Attached Files Attached Files

wow! very nice!!! now if i might have a look at the source php, i would be soooooo happy! do think thats possible?

Hi,

please mail me through board email

Musicman